Lessons Learned in Dorney Park

“Hey babe,” Zayn says from the other end.

“Hi Zayn,” I say with a smile as I flip through the channels on TV.

“Guess what? We’re going to Dorney Park today!” he exclaims.

“No way! Really?!” I shout as I jump off the couch in excitement.

“Yep. So pack a bathing suit and whatever else you need. I’ll be at your house in around an hour.” He hangs up and I go up to my room to get ready. I grab a back pack and put in an extra change of clothes, sunscreen, and a book. I change into my bathing suit, putting some clothes on over it. Only 15 minutes had passed, so I called Zayn and asked if he could pick me up now.

“Sure Ali. I’ll be there in two minutes.”

I make sure that everything is off and that I have my keys. I hear a horn blare outside and I look out the window to see Zayn in the driveway. I run out of the house, putting my flip flops and sunglasses on.

“Hey there,” I say to him with a smile as I put my seatbelt on.

“Today’s going to be fun. I just know it,” he says later on as we’re driving down the highway.

*20 minutes later*

“Welcome to Dorney Park,” Zayn says as we pull up into the parking lot. We both get out of the car and walk towards the entrance gate, holding hands. He hands the person the tickets he had bought online and they check our bags. We’re let in and we walk off to find some chairs. I spot some under a huge umbrella near one of the water slide and I run over to it. I plop my stuff down on a chair and sit down, waiting for Zayn.

“Well someone’s obviously excited,” he says with a chuckle.

I shrug. “Well who wouldn’t be? I am spending a whole day with you so…”

“I love you, you know that?” he says to me as he takes off his shirt, exposing his tan skin and muscled body. He looks at me weirdly.

“What?” I ask him, looking around me to see if something was wrong.

“Didn’t you wear a bathing suit under your clothes?” he questions, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

“Oh right,” I respond. I get up and take off my shorts. I grimace, not wanting people to see me in a bikini that at the moment, felt too revealing.

“Ali, there’s nothing to be embarrassed about. You’re beautiful! And anyone who says differently is either blind or just plain idiotic.”

I blush and look down. I slip my shirt off over my head, crossing my arms over my chest uncomfortably, glancing around to see if anyone was staring.

“Beautiful,” Zayn whispers as he looks at me lovingly. He takes my hand, leading me towards a water slide.

We walk around the park for a while, looking for some good-looking water rides. After we went on pretty much every ride, we decided to head to the roller coaster part. We bought some cotton candy and shared it, stuffing the fluffy food into our mouths.

“Oh, that roller coaster looks like a good one!” he exclaims as we look at the metal death trap.

“No way. I am not going on that,” I protest, my eyes growing wide with fear.

“Oh yeah, you absolutely hate roller coasters… C’mon Ali, they’re not that scary,” he whines, putting on a cute puppy dog face.

“Aw Zayn, don’t do that to me. You know I always let you have your way whenever you pull that face!”

“Please?” he asks, still doing the face.

“Fine,” I groan.

“Babe, if roller coasters were that scary, I would never let you go on them. But they’re not. Don’t you trust me?”

“Of course I trust you,” I respond with a smile.

“Good, because we’re next,” he says with a mischievous smile.

We get into a car, pulling the safety bar on to our laps. I bite my lip, really nervous as millions of butterflies flutter around in my stomach. “I would never let anything hurt my princess,” he whispers in my ear as we slowly go up. We stay there for a few seconds before quickly going down. I scream, my throat feeling raw after 10 seconds from all of my screaming.

“VAS HAPPENIN’?!” Zayn screams as we go down.

When the ride finishes, we step off, my head spinning. “That was so awesome!” I exclaim as we start walking again.

“I told you so,” he says with a laugh.

We rode a couple more roller coasters before heading home.

“I’ll call you tomorrow,” Zayn says to me as I step out of his car. “Love you, Ali!”

“Love you too,” I yell as I walk up to the front steps.

I sigh and plop down on the couch. Who knew that one person could change your whole perspective on life? I got over my fear oh roller coasters, realized I was truly beautiful, and knew that I loved my boyfriend. And it was all because of Zayn Malik.