His Princess

I walk briskly through the cold night air, hearing their footsteps a couple of feet behind me. I slow down and they slow down too. I panic, wishing my phone wasn’t out of battery. I whimper, my vision becoming distorted from the tears. I start running and they chase me. I feel something whiz pass me and I realize it was a bullet. THEY HAVE GUNS! I trip over the concrete sidewalk and just lay there. A figure jumps out of the shadows, but I don’t see what happens after that because I’m already unconscious.

*2 days later*

I peel open my eyes and take a look at my surroundings. White walls, linoleum floors, the air smelling of chemicals with a hint of blood. I must be in a hospital. I look down at myself and see a hand holding my left hand. I look to my left and see a boy slumped in a plastic chair, fast asleep. I squeeze his hand and he stirs. His eyes land on me and he smiles at me with his beautiful blue eyes.

“You’re awake,” he says.

I just stare at him, my brain finally catching up with the present and I realize who he is. How could I not? This was the boy I’m obsessed with. The boy who my friends say looks just like Ellen Degeneres. Niall Horan. I felt my inner fangirl rise up and surface, but I push her down.

“Hey. Are you okay? Do you need me to call the nurse?”

I clear my throat. “No, I’m fine. I just can’t believe it. I mean, you’re Niall Horan,” I say, adding an emphasis to his name. “You were the one that saved me?”

He smiles sadly at me. “Yes, that was me.”

My eyes fill up with tears and my voice sounds thick when I thank him. He shrugs, and says “I’m just glad you’re alright. Because…”

I heard the hesitation in his voice. “What?” I urge him.

“Well,” he continues shyly. “I wanted to know if you would like to go out with me sometime?”

My eyes widen and I feel my head nodding vigorously. He jumps up and gives me a Horan Hug. He pulls back and stares into my eyes. “I finally found my princess,” he whispers.