sammy felt the biggest weight fall of his shoulders. he'd felt so terrified to tell him all these years because he thought it'd ruin their friendship and he knew the entire time. "why didn't you say something to me? i'm an asshole, you should've like punched me or something. how do you not have any anger towards it?"

  andrew shrugged his shoulder in a nonchalant matter. "i was taught to forgive and move forward, i mean, of course it broke my heart, but rosalia was about to be here and i was focused on her— not what happened between you and allison. i had trust issues with you for awhile, but i saw how you were with rosalia and you proved yourself without even knowing you were."

  sammy nodded his head in understanding, no words coming from him. andrew stared at the man, tilting his head. "so allison came by your house?"

  "uh— yeah, late last night. something about wanting my help getting rose back, but of course i said no. then she brought up what happened and i knew i had to tell you before she got the chance to hold it against me. if i knew you already knew, i would've told you five years ago."

  andrew shook his head, feeling a sense of panic rise in him. "why is she coming back all of a sudden? she was the one who walked out on us, why now?"

  "i don't know, but i'm here to help if anything happens. i'm here for you and rose— always have and always will be."

  andrew was about to respond when he saw rosalia walk into the room. she walked up to her father, the later picking the child up. a smile tugged on andrews lips. "we love you, sam."

  rosalia grinned, nodding her head. "yeah, uncle sammy. we love you" the child dragged out her sentence, letting out a series of giggles when andrew started tickling her.

  sammy watched the two, hoping one day he'd have a relationship with his child like andrew had with rosalia. "i love you guys too."

  "caleb! we're running late, you better be ready to walk out that door in five minutes!" adeline yelled from the kitchen, feeling herself become anxious. she hated being late, it made her a nervous wreck.

  the front door opened, catching her attention from the many papers she was stuffing into her bag. "adeline? z?"

  "jesus, brandon. you scared me."

brandon's face scrunched up. "sorry."

adeline let out a breathe of relief, wrapping her arms around the tall boy. the hug didn't surprise him, the woman was always affectionate and brandon didn't understand it at first, but then realized she had grown that way because of zion. he was one of those people who found comfort in physical contact— from hugs to just holding someone's hand and wanting to be close to someone when he was anxious or upset. brandon returned the hug, closing his eyes and appreciating the moment before it ended.

"adeline! we're not even running that late, why're you—" zion stooped mid sentence at the sight of brandon hugging his sister. he thought back to the conversation the two had and zion felt the emotions he felt hearing the words all over again.

"man, what's wrong with you? you've been acting like this for the past four days. what happened?"

"i— i think i'm in love with adeline."

zion took a double-take at his best friends words, his mouth dropping in shock. it was silent for a few moments, zion processing brandon's words. "what the fuck?"

"i c—can't help i—"

"yes, you can! that's my fucking sister, you— you're my best friend. that's like against every bro code out there. you don't fall for your best friends sister. what the fuck, brandon?" zion angrily said, pushing brandon's shoulders back.

"i— im sorry, z—" brandon stumbled over his words, feeling guilt weigh down on him. he shouldn't have told him. brandon knew zion would never understand and all he wanted in the moment was to take back his words, but he knew he couldn't.

"how long?" zion asked, brandon moved his gaze to the ground— not wanting to keep eye contact with his best friend. "how long, brandon? how long have you known you were in love with my sister?"

"for a while, zion! god, do you know how stupid i feel when she comes around and all i can do is watch her because i swear she's the most beautiful person i've ever seen— inside and out— or when she smiles and i feel myself getting butterflies! i feel so stupid for falling for a girl who's never going to love me back, but i do it anyways. despite the consequences, despite the inevitable of getting my heartbroken— i do it anyways and i feel utterly stupid for it."

"brandon.."

brandon let out a humorless laugh, starting to walk away from the boy. "no, no— it's fine, zion. tell adeline i'll be in the car."

authors note:
andrews too good for this word i love him with my entire heart ! zion is such a bitch for hurting my baby brandon's feelings like that after he only tried to tell him the truth ! he can't help who he falls in love with !

but i started a new bazzi fan fiction !
it's called "sorry" and i'm actually really excited for it bc i have a lot of ideas for it. you should check it out if you want. <3