Intro

Kenny's POV

I walked into my new job and sighed. It was a tall circular building most of the decor was a beige with tiny hints of turquoise here and there. I went to the front desk and asked for the guy I was supposed to see. He was my new boss and I was already running late.

The receptionist pointed me to the 10th floor and up the elevator I went. There was another desk in front where a guy and a girl were talking.

"Hi, my name is Kenny. I'm-"

"The new guy." The girl finished.

"Yeah."

"You're late."

"I know, there was an accident and it held up traffic."

"I hate when that happens. I'm Barbie by the way." She said sticking out her hand.

" She said sticking out her hand

I shook it, "Interesting name."

"Her real name is Barbara but the last person who called her that ended up in the hospital." The guy said.

Barbie shivered, "I hate that name."

"We know sweetheart, I'm Ian." He said slide his attention from Barbie to me.

" He said slide his attention from Barbie to me

"Nice to meet you both. So, this Toni Braxton guy...is he nice?"

"She."

"She?"

"Yep and to answer your question..." He trailed off looking around. After making sure no one was listening he whispered "She's a fucking devil."

I laughed lightly,"You're joking right?"

"I wish I was. It's because of her I've been in therapy for the past 3 years I've been working here."

"But that's another story for another day, let's get you to her office asap. Follow me." Barbie said. I did as she said and we walked to cloudy glass door. Barbie knocked, "Ms. Braxton, your assistant is here."

"Send them in." I heard on the other side.

"Good luck." Barbie whispered making me even more nervous.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. I walked in and saw a woman staring at her computer. At least one of her computers, she had like 5.

 At least one of her computers, she had like 5

"Hi." I said making my presence known.

"You're late." She said not bothering to look at me.

"There was an a-"

"Is that an excuse I hear? The unemployment line is full of people with excuses."

I blinked a few times. This woman was no joke.

I cleared my throat, "It won't happen again."

"That's better. Your office is outside the door."

"Ok..." I replied. I stood there waiting for further instruction. She looked up at me and paused. Her eyes fell on the door then back on me. She was signaling for me to get the fuck out. I perked up, "Oh! You mean- Ok."

I walked out and sat at the desk to the right. Ian and Barbie cane over as soon as I sat down.

"How did it go?" Ian asked.

"She's a shark." I whispered.

"I told you."

"We'll discuss it more at lunch, I have to finish these reports before my head gets chopped off next." Barbie said before dashing off.

"Don't let her get to you, she can smell fear. Just be calm, be cool, and be emotionally collected." Ian added before also leaving.

Toni's door opened, "Kyle!" She yelled looking at me.

"It's Kenn-"

"I need you to make me 140 copies of these and hand them out to each employee. Be quick about it."
She handed me the papers and retreated back to her office without another word. I sighed, this is gonna be tougher than I thought.