10

Nick sat in a small yellow car with the Blutbad, Monroe, who had his head out of the window, "I really think I should drive." Nick called out, gripping onto his door as if his life depended on it, "No, I'm good." Monroe shot back at the brunette detective, "If this is the same Blutbad that killed that woman in the woods..." Nick trailed off, his worry and fear eating him away, his mind constantly jumping to the worst case scenario, "Well, assuming he fed yesterday, he'll be good for a week, maybe ten days, tops. He'll just use the time to fatten them up." Monroe continued, worsening the other man's thoughts, as he continued to sniff the air, until the scent that he had been looking for hit him.

"Whoa. I got a hit. We're close." he said, finally pulling his head inside the car, relieving Nick slightly, "Did you really smell him?" Nick inquired, still in disbelief that the man/creature sitting next to him just smelled the person/creature he was trying to catch. "Dude, you have no idea." Monroe told him with his eyes wide as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, "Please be alright...." Nich pray whispered, tightening the hold on the necklace that he held in his hand, the necklace that had fallen from Brooklyn's neck when she was kidnapped and that he had found.

The two drove until they reached a small bridge over a small river and where a stop saying 'Dead End' stood, "Okay, this is as far as we drive." The Blutbad said instantly turning off his vehicle and getting out of it, Nick followed suit and both stood looking to the river and the dark woods around. "What, he's over there?" the Grimm inquired squinting his eyes slightly, trying to see something that proved the Blutbad right. "Oh, he's real close." Monroe replied reaching inside his coat and pulling out a small bag.

He grabbed a small handful of what it contained and dabbed himself with it, earning a funny look from the distressed cop as well as the question "What's that?" "Wolfsbane. So he won't sense us." The Blutbad replied as he finished, his tone completely and utterly serious and completely void of teasing, yet Nick still felt as if the Blutbad was pulling his leg which led him to press the question again "You're kidding me, right?" 

Monroe looked at the Grimm beside him and gently-ish slammed the plastic bag against his chest  "Not if you want to find your girlfriend to live and stay alive." he claimed, this made Nick all but shower himself with wolfsbane before darting off across the bridge, only to be stopped by Monroe questioning "What are you doing?" "Well, you said he was over there." The human of the duo replied, his tone almost mocking mixed with desesperation. "Why don't you just call him, tell him you're coming? This way." Monroe sasses back before turning the other way and leading the cop to the river.

As the two men crossed the cold and unsteady river, getting themselves in wet in the process, Nick felt the need to be sarcastic when he said "Isn't this what the bridge is for?" Monroe, understanding completely that the Grimm was not his normal self  kept quiet and continued to lead the way, ignoring any comment that followed.  

Meanwhile inside the house, Brook had all but slided from the bed she and Robin were placed on and wiggled herself up the stairs, conscious that anything that happened next Robin would bear witness. Her feet had been bound, also, the second she was thrusted upon the bed, which meant that the little movement she could do previously was now long gone.

When and if Brook thought of the way she wanted to die, this was never and would never make the top 50 list, not even the top 100, but if she was going to die she was going down fighting for her and Robin's freedom or at the very least give Robin a chance to run away,

As she sat at the top of the stairs to the secret basement, Brook raised her bound hands and smacked the floor door, more than enough to feel that there was a small and light coffee table above it holding a glass, although as she tried to hear for more noises that would be helpful in their escape she missed the footsteps that came to the door on the floor, or rather trapdoor, until it flung open.

She barely had time to speak when she saw his face changer, transforming into the same face she saw in the woods, and before she could restrain and control her emotions horror flashed through her face, bewilderment flashing through the kidnapper's until Brook tried to leap from the stairs and into the seemingly nice and cozy living room. 

The kidnapper's movements were, unfortunately, much faster than Brook's bound ones because he caught her waist almost the second after the sprung from her seat on the stairs, a strangled gasp escaped the brunette woman's lips as he tightened his hold on her waist, bringing her attention once more to her not yet showing or swollen stomach, this made her trash around in his iron hold in order to try and get free but it wasn't until she swung her head back and into his that he let her go.

Allowing her body to come into contact with the wood floor without any chance of softening her landing, a small and soft groan left Brook's lips as she wiggled like a worm towards the fireplace, her hands reaching out for the log poker that rested on the ground in front of the lit and very warm fire. Sadly, just like moments before, the man was quick to grab Brook, this time, however, grabbing her by the scruff of her sweater and forcing her to turn around and face him before he grabbed her neck and lifted her off the ground.

His hold was tight enough that Brook had to claw at his hand to try and breath but his exterior remained calm, especially when he brought her closer to his face the forced her outwards again so that the back of her head slammed against the fireplace. To a normal human being, an impact with a fireplace, head first, was sure to render them unconscious or even dead but not Brook, sure it was enough to make a gash open in her head and for blood to drip from it, staining both her clothes and the stone of the fireplace lightly as well. 

She looked at him, gold eyes shinning, alerting the man that she wasn't human as he initially thought. "What are you?" He questioned, voice low and husky, filled with bewilderment and greed for knowledge. But Brook didn't answer, instead, she placed her hands on his wrists and concentrated on the fire that burned behind her. 

Focused on the heat, on the dancing flames and on the fiery, steaming hot logs and allowed the heat to flow through her until it came in contact with his skin, burning it so deeply and quickly that the kidnapper was forced to let go of her. This time, when she fell, Brook fell on her knees and although the feeling was not the most pleasant it gave her a clear view of the man clutching his scarred wrists  in pain and anger before her injury took the best of her again.