06

"i can't believe the furniture isn't gonna be delivered for another three weeks." zane grunts as he opens the car door and waits for delilah to come around to his side. he throws an arm over her shoulder and guides her towards the house from earlier, his lips set into a fine line.

"it's fine." she says softly. "i'll just buy a tv, plug it up, put some fluffy comforters down, and sleep on an air mattress."

zane scoffs. "i guess it'll do." he opens the door and everyone falls silent as they see the girl. "we have some news!" zane exclaims.

"you're not dating, are you?" david blurts out.

delilah flushes and zane smirks smugly, glancing down at her. "no, we're not." he rolls his eyes. "delilah bought a house!" he screams.

"oh my god!" everyone cheers.

"thank god." david mutters.

"what was that, david?" zane asks loudly.

"i said thank god she got a house." he quirks an eyebrow. "we don't want her on the streets."

"right." zane says in a dry tone, taking his arm off of delilah. "so what are we doing today?" he asks david, following him outside with delilah in tow.

the boy ignores zane's question and looks at the older man instead, a question look on his face. "let's do wine bottles?"

"no, it's too much." jason shakes his head, glancing at delilah afterwards. "she just got here and you're already trying to scare her off."

delilah shrugs. "as long as they're empty, i'm okay with it."

david nods and says, "but it'll be funny."

"david and i feel that we've been practicing long enough that we can move on to—" he holds up the wine bottle to the camera. "—very dangerous objects."

he goes back and stands across from david, getting ready to throw the bottles.

delilah swallows thickly as she watches from the sidelines.

"5, 6, 7, 8." david counts loudly, he and jason tossing the bottles towards each other right afterwards. they catch the bottles and a visible sigh of relief comes from the girl until she realizes they're continuing to throw them.

she gasps as jason misses and the bottle smashes to the ground, glass going everywhere. he lets out a little scream and walks away, only for david to convince him to go again.

"i don't think it's a good idea." delilah expresses to the older man.

"me either." he tells her before getting across from david again.

he tosses the bottles towards david and the boy tries to catch it as it hits the ground, delilah gasping as she sees the glass hit his hand. "oh my god!" she exclaims as david curses.

"are you alright?" jason questions, no one seeing the gash yet.

"david?" delilah gets his attention as he sits down on the ground. she and jason rush to the boy as he cradles his palm.