Eggs are Sluts

Start bij het begin

“Careful, I hear eggs have quite a reputation for sleeping around.” Michael warned.

“That was terrible.” I laughed at his crappy joke.

“Hey, it’s not my fault eggs are sluts.” Michael shrugged.

“It’s weird how I never heard of this place until you took me here.” I said while cutting a piece of bacon.

“Yeah, I was looking for a place to get some guitar picks actually.” Michael laughed, “but this place is quite tucked away from the rest of the cafes.”

“How can you mistake a café and a guitar shop?” I laughed.

“I was tired and hungry. I was lead here subconsciously.” Michael laughed.

“Oh, sure.” I laughed.

We continued to eat in silence, savouring all the food. Michael interrupted the silence: “Want to go rock climbing?”

“Rock climbing?” I asked.

“Yeah! It’d make you feel better, get your mind off things.” Michael shrugged.

“Can’t I sit home and watch Teen Wolf while stuffing my face with ice-cream like every other girl?” I pouted.

“That’d only make me pity you more,” Michael smiled and stood up, “Plus, you aren’t like every other girl.”

*    *    *    *

|Luke’s POV|

“It’s okay, mate.” Ash reassured me.

“No, it’s not!” I huffed, “I stuffed up, big time.”

I felt like shit today, not just because I was hung-over, I lost my best friend. My girlfriend. It was tearing me up inside. I knew it was over, we had many fights but this was different. The way she looked at me, she looked utterly disgusted, and she was disappointed. I hated disappointing Lil; it was like kicking a puppy.

“Then go talk to her. Tell her, explain.” Cal said.

“You know what they say: If you love her, set her free. And if its true love, she’ll come back.” Ash always tried to be reassuring, to give out good pep talks, though he liked to pull out the old ‘inspirational’ quotes in the process. I never found his cliché talks inspirational but I smiled at his effort.

“And remember: Love is like a fart: if you force it, it turns out to be shit.” Cal smiled.

I couldn’t help but laugh at Cal’s remark. He always tried to lighten the mood, and most of the time he succeeds.

“Thanks guys.” I gave a light smile, “I’ll see her tonight. I’ll talk to her. I just need to give her the day to cool off a little.”

“Good.” Ash crossed his arms, a proud smile spread from ear to ear.

*    *    *    *

|Kalila’s POV|

“I don’t know how to get down!” I giggled from the top of the climbing wall. Michael was down at the ground, holding the ropes that supported me.

“Push off with your feet! And make your way down! Like you’re walking on the moon… but vertically!” Michael hollered while fighting off the giggles.