"Babe, you don't have t-"

"H-he almost raped me but right before he could do anything, my mom came busting into the room with her gun and she threatened the dude and told him to get out then she started to scream at me and curse me out, blaming me for being the reason why he was in there." She sniffs and wipes her eyes.

"Then after that day, she started to abuse us verbally and I had gotten so sick of her accusing me of doing things and calling me names so we end up getting into a fight and she ends up hitting me in the face with the buckle of her belt, which is why I have this scar here," She says, pointing underneath her left eye where there was a small indention in her skin. "Then that night after she had gotten drunk and high and passed out, I woke Wesley up and that night we snuck off to our Dad's since she kept us from him and ever since that night, we had stayed with him then three years later, he ends up getting another job offer and we moved here." 

To say she was emotionally broken and damaged would be an understatement. I now understood why she never talked about her mom and why she got pissed whenever she did. I understood why she clung on to her Dad the way she did too. She was lacking love from the parent that she needed the most during these last few years of her life and her Dad was the only one to give it to her. 

I stood up and went and sat next to her, wrapping my arms around her and holding her in my arms tight. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that babe." She leans into me and I kiss her cheek multiple times and I bury my face into the crook of her neck, inhaling her scent.

I didn't want to let her go and I didn't want to be without her, again but unfortunately, I would have to in the next few weeks. She had to go back to school so I understood her reasoning for having to leave and I also understood more why she left the first time.

She can't function when she's pressured so instead of facing her problems head-on, she ran from them to protect herself from having to be hurt again. She was broken, but I didn't mind being the one to pick up the pieces to put her back together and make her whole again. Hearing her story made me love and appreciate her even more because I realized how strong she was.

"I love you." 

"I love you too," She said, turning her body so she'd be facing me. I smiled at her and pushed her hair out of her face, planting a kiss on her lips. "Come on, let's get out of here." We pull away from each other and I stood up, grabbing her hand so she could stand up too. 

I intertwined our fingers and the both of us made our way back over to my car.

Journey Hayes

After leaving the park, we had gone back over to his place and watched movies for hours upon hours while cuddling. I missed him so much so just being able to be laid up with him and enjoy his company satisfied me and I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my time with him doing just that.

"Man, move your big ass head! My arm is numb as hell and I have to pee." He says, attempting to move his arm from underneath my head. "First of all, your head is bigger than mine," I say and he purses his lips with his brows furrowed. "Knock it off. You got a boulder on your shoulders." I gasp and hit his arm, causing him to chuckle and stand up. He grabs his pillow and he throws it at me, quickly exiting the room before I could throw it back.

I set the pillow back where it belonged and I sat up, glancing over at his clock, noticing that it was almost nine o'clock. I probably wouldn't have been over here this late if his parents were home but they were at some church convention and they wouldn't be back until noon tomorrow so it was just me and him here since Dalvin had left earlier. 

I reached over and grabbed his phone off of the hook and I went ahead and called my Dad. "Hello?"

"Hey, Dad. I was just calling to check in." I say and I heard him shifting on the other end. "Oh, okay. What time will you be home?" He asks and I shrug as if he could see me. "I'm not sure. What are you doing?"