𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

Another loud scream echoed through the house and suddenly caused the blonde to shudder. "Oh. We have to keep talking. If we don't keep talking, then I won't be able to stop myself from listening in, and I can't stand to hear Elena in pain."

"I'm just glad that I don't have vamp-hearing." Riley thankfully exhaled as she, Caroline and Matt wandered over to a set out garden furniture.

"What do you wanna talk about?" The Donovan boy raised an eyebrow toward the girls.

"Perhaps something a little better than the alternative." Riley chuckled softly and nodded her head in the direction of the Salvatore house. She swore that she could still hear Elena's screams, but she tried to block it out.

"I ordered you a cap and gown." Caroline smiled toward Matt, who was clearly taken by surprise. "I just figured that you'd forget. So, I ordered yours when I ordered mine. And, I got one for Elena, too."

Matt noticed the look of sadness on Caroline's face when she mentioned the prospect of Elena actually being there to Graduate with the rest of them. "It's gonna work. We're gonna get Elena back."

The sound of a door opening suddenly caught Caroline by surprise. She jumped up to her feet and noticed Rebekah had wandered inside the Salvatore house with a bag of to-go food in her hand. "What the hell is she doing here?"

Riley lifted herself up to her feet with an inquisitive look on her face. "Let's go find out."

The three made their way back inside the house and into the parlour, where Rebekah was unloading her bag of food. She turned around, a smile on her face when she Matt, Caroline and Riley.

"Hi. I don't mean to interfere, but I happen to know all they keep in this house is blood and booze. So, I brought a peace offering." Rebekah extended her hand with a burger box and smiled. "Burgers?"

"You brought a peace offering?" Riley gawked in disbelief, a raised eyebrow as she scanned the blonde.

A soft chuckle left Matt's lips as he wandered over to the Original and took the box. "Thanks."

"Yeah, we can't really entertain right now. But, thanks for stopping by—"

"—I think I might stay." Rebekah interrupted before Caroline even had a chance to suggest she leave. "Matt mentioned that he was failing classes, and needed a study buddy."

Riley's eyes widened in disbelief, then she saw the look of horror that had quickly formed on Caroline's face. "Oh, no. She's gonna kill you."

"You're failing?" Caroline snapped. "Well, why didn't you ask me to help you study?"

"Well, I didn't exactly ask her." Matt narrowed his eyes toward the Original vampire with an irritated look.

"Right. Well, uh— what classes are you even failing?" Riley asked. She knew that if Matt revealed what he was failing in, it would probably annoy Caroline even more.

"I'm not failing. I'm just really, really behind. History. And, Italian. And, Math." Matt sighed. "This year's been a little distracting."

"We could all help." Rebekah suggested as her eyes darted between the two females. "All hands on deck. That's the motto around here, right?"

"We don't have a motto." Caroline spat toward Rebekah, then turned back to Matt. "Look, if you need to study, we're gonna study. I'm gonna go home and get my flashcards, and study guides, and some energy bars. This is gonna be good."

At the sight of Caroline immediately rushing out the door, a chuckle left Riley's lips. "Unbelievable."

"You dated that?" Rebekah blinked in disbelief.