Chapter 3

A/N

Hey guys. Just want to say thanks for reading this and if you like it please tell others about it. Because this genre isn't widely read so, it's not very popular.

If you haven't already, check out my other book, 'Pranker's Paradise'. Readers of this book, I will try an update soon, and if it's not soon, it will be longer than usual.

Sorry its short and a bit predictable.

Stay positive.

~ Bailee Jaide

_________________________________________

Chapter 3.

Chiara's mouth dropped into an "O". She was rendered speechless by my announcement.

She continued to stand like this. Her eyes widened in shock. I watched as she slowly pulled herself together. I sighed, I knew she would be shocked. I just didn't anticipate this!

Suddenly her mouth snapped closed.

Her mouth curled into a warm, large, bright smile. "Then we need to go shopping for a dress, right?" she squealed.

_________________________________________________________________

In the car on the way to the mall. Chiara was gushing at me. "Who's your date? I mean, how old is he? What does he look like? This is going to be great! My Alaska is going to a formal!" She raved on with questions like these for a solid 10 minutes.

It was making me exhausted. It was making me rethink my decision about deciding to go. I knew she would be excited, but not THIS excited.

She was more excited, and trust me, I was pretty excited. Well, as excited as I could be, to attend this sort of thing. I must admit, I don't really like this type of stuff. I still have extreme doubts.

We pulled up at the mall. I hadn't been here in so long. It looked so different, there was a huge sign out the front that says "Cinema". I didn't even know there was a movie theatre here.

It would be good to come here with my friends ... If I had any friends ... My thoughts drifted off to space.

But only for a few seconds, before Chiara's demanding voice dragged me back down to Earth. It was a quick thud, inside my head as I suddenly was back sitting in the car it the front of the mall.

I turned around to see Chiara glaring at me demandingly. I just begun to wonder why, when I remembered I hadn't answered her.

In fact, I wasn't even sure I heard what she said. "Whaaa..?" I began and then slowly trailed off, as Chiara's lips began to curl into a small smile.

I don't guess it was anything too serious, then.

We got out of the car and walked towards the entrance. I was actually extremely nervous. I really wanted to find my perfect dress, because I don't dress up much, so when I do, I want it to be very special.

Considering who was going to be by my side, I knew it was going to be magical anyway. I guess, what I'm trying to say is I want to look special.

And, a perfect dress will help me achieve this.

We walked from store to store trying on many different types of dresses. Long, casual, maxi dresses, floorlength, elegant gowns embedded with jewels and short, figure hugging peplum dresses.

And none looked right. I mean, they were all beautiful and everything. They all looked amazing on the shelf ... Just not on me. Every single one, looked strange on my figure, or it JUST didn't fit right.

I was starting to doubt that there was EVEN a perfect dress for me. Just as I was leaving the change rooms, for the last time, in the last shop.

Something caught my eye ...

I gasped. It was beautiul, but then again they all were. Chiara, I think, saw it too. She smiled and looked at me encouragingly. I pulled it out from the midst of all the other gorgeous dresses, and, well how can I say it. WOW.

The colour was turquoise and aqua. It had tulle strips across the body part, so you would still be able to see some of my skin underneath it. Then, from midwaist, it was a solid coloured skater skirt. I cannot describe the dress to justice.

It was amazing, perfect, gorgeous and I hadn't even tried it on. There was still a small amount of doubt in my mind about it.

What if it was the wrong type for my body? What if it looks peculiar? What if it's not the one? What if I never find my dress? What if? What if?

STOP. Snap yourself out of it. You won't know until you try it on. Go and try it on and then make a judgement.

"I'm going to try it on." I said strongly and confidently to Chiara, despite what I felt.

As soon as I had it on and I looked in the mirror, I knew this was the one.