Chapter 2

A/N

Here is the second chapter. Please vote and comment if you enjoy this as I'm not sure whether to continue it or not. Hope you enjoy.

Please check out my other story "Pranker's Paradise" and tell me what you think of it.

Thanks and keep smiling

~ Bailee Jaide

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 2.

My attitude towards social situations and events was quite an anomaly for a seventeen year old girl. I loathed them, didn't want to waste my life attending them and also, saw no point of it and thought it added no value to human life.

Chiara, of course, wanted me to attend these events and often pushed me to go. She could never quite get to me, no-one could. I had a strange way of willing someone to do something and they would. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

As I walked out of the campus I saw an advertisement for the school formal on the wall. I didn't even consider it. I walked straight past.

When I arrived home, Chiara was insistent that I attend the formal. I pleaded and pleaded for her to not let me go. She didn't budge - she wouldn't have either. Please don't make me go to the formal, Chiara. Don't make me go. I don't want to. Don't make me go. "Fine, I won't make you go. I still really would like you to go. Have some fun! Make some friends."

After this small speech from Chiara, I turned to leave but instead of walking away. I said, "I have fun. I don't need friends." And with that, I stomped off to the studio where I could be happy - with a series of split leaps and fouettes.

James came in and reminded me it was dinner time, so I packed up my things and made my way to the dinner table. Chiara glared at me, like there was something she wanted to tell me. But, she couldn't because she didn't want to upset James.

"GO AHEAD AND SAY IT!" I screamed at her. I continued, "I KNOW YOU'RE DISAPPOINTED IN ME. LIKE, I'M NOT A NORMAL 17 YEAR OLD GIRL. WELL, I HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU BUT THE WORLD IS DIVERSE."

I turned on my heel and left. I just realised I had forgotten something. I ran back. "AND ... NORMAL IS BORING!" I quickly scanned their faces. James looked so upset, he could probably cry, but extremely confused as well. And, Chiara, well she was just a little shaken, because we had arguments like this all the time.

I ran out and slammed the door behind me as hard as I could. I always thought James was too overprotective. He wouldn't want me to go to the formal because I might get hurt, or taken away. James also doesn't like me getting into conflict.

I always do though. Wherever I go. Even with my own family.

There was a soft knocking at the door. "Who is it?" I call bravely. "Just your brother, James." I sighed a deep sigh of relief. I was not ready to deal with Chiara right now.

"Come in." I replied quietly. He looked as if he had pulled himself together since dinner as well.

I patted the doona cover next to me, as a signal for him to come and sit. He came and sat. He put his arms around me and his head on my neck, as if he was trying to comfort me.

"You know, I don't think the same as Chiara. I think it would be perfectly fine if you stayed home on your formal night." Matt tells me quietly. Nothing I didn't expect. Another thing I was kinda gifted at was thinking like others and anticipating their answers, responses and thoughts.

But, how should I respond? Angry? Calm? Surprised? Normal? Happy? I decided to pretend this was news to me and that I was mildly relaxed and grateful to his opinion. "Really?" I asked softly with a little hopefullness.

"Really." James answered so surely, I was almost certain of his reasoning. He wanted me home so he could protect me.

"I haven't decided yet." I whispered. "What?" James couldn't believe what I just said, I hadn't expected him to. It made no sense. "So, you had a tremendous fight wit Chiara for no reason??" He was almost yelling now.

A tremendous fight? It wasn't a tremendous fight, it was one of our usual disagreements.

James is so naíve to what Chiara and I's relationship consists of. Support, lectures, disagreements and, of course, love. We loved each other dearly; I love her so very much for helping us and taking care of us and she cared for me so much, almost like I was her own daughter. This is why she lectured me and had disagreements. She thinks she knows what's best for me and I think I do as well. Our ideas are conflicting.

I look away sadly. James stood up, at least he can understand when he hit a sensitive spot. "I'll leave you to mull things over." He leaves. Seriously, 'mull things over'! I know I'm not a 'normal' teenage girl, but even I know that nobody says that anymore.

__________________________________________________________________

The next day at school,  I was putting my books away at lunch. Across the hallway I see him, the hot guy, talking to some of his mates. I'd really like to gather enough confidence to apologize for the other day when I just left, out of nowhere and ask his name.

Buuut, at the same time he looks busy with his friends. Sooo, I won't bother him.

I looked up again and his eyes were on me. And, he was strutting towards me. Woah, calm down Alaska. He's just a guy, probably just coming to say hello.

I shut my eyes for a while, a few seconds to regroup. When, I opened my eyes, he standing in front of me, leaning on the lockers. He ruffled his hans though his hair, even though he wasn't meaning to, he looked hell as attractive.

"I - I'm ... sorry." I stammered. "For what?" he asked confusedly. "For leaving so abruptly, yesterday." He brought his face so close to mine, he could've kissed me. "Let's make a deal not to lie to each other. Okay?" I nodded. "Ever." he added. I said. "Okay." to satisfy his needs to know that I understood.

"And it's fine. I wasn't expecting you to stay long." he continued, answering my previous question. "May I ask your name?" I had been gathering my confidence for far too long. "Sure, I'm Finn." he gave me a smile. His smile was so charming I wanted to melt. "And you're Alaska Forrestly." he finished with a fluorish and turned on his heel.

If it was so fine for me to leave so abruptly yesterday, why mock me about it? I thought crossly. Just as I was processing this. He came back. I was so shocked, my mouth dropped into a large "O". He pushed it shut with his finger.

"Alaska Forrestly, will you come to the formal with me?" I was stunned. "YES!" I answered happily. "Hey, hey. No need to let the whole country hear you." Ahhahaha. And, he had a sense of humor. I was really looking forward to going to my formal now.

___________________________________________________________________________

I burst in the front door smiling. "What's up?" When I didn't answer she looked even more worried. "What happened, Alaska?" she hurriey followed me around while I was getting a drink.

"Fine. I'll tell you." I finally decided to tell her my news. I knew she would be happy for me.

"I got asked to the formal, by a guy. And ... I am going to go."

__________________________________________