Chapter 1: Sera Jungwiwattana

High school.

Definition: The part in the human cycle where a teenager must undergo a series of tests, stimulations, and forced to take on meaningless subjects for his/her life, in a span of four to five years.

And that's exactly what it was. Teachers in the hallway supposedly on "hall duty", yelling at teenagers, telling them the proper and improper dress codes all year long. Teachers trying to teach you the problems and how to solve them, and why you need to solve them in life. But why? What if you wanted to be a hobo? What if you wanted to just sit in the street and just rot for all of eternity?

Sera Jungwiwattana.

Definition: Wants to be a hobo, to sit in the street and rot for all eternity.

And that's exactly who she was. The crazy child, the unhealthy child, the teenager who could care less, even on midterm days when the score of the test counts on your ability to pass to the next grade. Eyes brown and murky, lips cracked, lifeless, needy, skin pale as Snow White herself, she made a reputation in high school as "Psycho". Fashion was slightly important, is any: her wardrobe consisted of plaid, plaid, and more plaid, and of course, blue jeans. And brown jeans. And red jeans.

Exactly who she was and why she was like that was the question most of her school mates tried to answer. Why did she wear inconsistent paid of socks each day? Why was her laugh more abnormal than the rest of the girls? And why did she belch like a fifty year old man!?

In a way, acceptance in the crowd came with a price. Be popular all you want, but become a cheerleader first, that's what the student body said. Be yourself all you want, but be hated by others. Get involved in sports, but risk not having time for anything. Have excellent grades with fabulous grades and recommendations, but be the loner everyone detests. Be Sera Jungwiwattana but be looked as the psycho one, the different one, the exceptional child.

Lord and behold, the girl's sanity would not be accomplished by herself, rather, by another being. They ask, you all ask: Another being? But how? It is possible, as many great writers have said: There is a special someone for everyone. In this case, that statement proves to be correct.

Walking down the hallways of the high school, always, everyday, was Sera and her long time lover. The teens accepted the idea a long time ago, accepted her boyfriend, accepted their awkward romance and belief.

"Hey," he would greet her, each morning, in the cafeteria, where she sat in the corner table, surrounded my the malevolent high school atmosphere.

"Come here and hug me," she commanded, tugging his arm forcefully, giving him an aggressive embrace. "You never called me last night."

"I was working in the yard," was always his answer, even if he really pulled off an all-nighter studying for that Calculus test. "But I'm here, and I'll talk with you now."

"Too late, I was saving my words for last night but you never called me so I'm not telling you anything," she said roughly.

"I'm here now, babe, c'mere..." he coaxed, hugging her tightly, even giving her a peck on her cracked lips. "What's bothering you today?"

"You," she snapped, pushing him off the chair. "You're always the fucking problem, and I hate you right now. So get the fuck away from me."

She stood up, grabbed her bag, flipped him off, and silently made her escape. She walked off without another word, anger dictating her every step.

The boy recovered from the unexpected attack, and heaved a great sigh. His face was calm, yet concerned, but never angry like she was.

"Oh Sera," he smiled. "I love you so much."

His silent words were not heard, and as he watched her from a distance, angry and frustrated for no reason, a gentle grin swept across his weary face. "You're something else," he whispered to himself.

--

--

--

-

-

-

I hope you like it, PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT.

~For him, for my Marine~