Chapter 29: The Dark Lord Falls..

Start from the beginning

Moriarty seemed to think over this before shaking his head and scrunching up his nose. "Nah". Sherlock just repeated himself.

"Let. Her. Go" He said through gritted teeth.

An evil smile danced across Moriarty's face and an evil glint appeared in his eye as he murmured "As you wish" and let Alex fall back to her impending doom. It seemed just after she fell, the authorities arrived and Sherlock already had Moriarty pinned. Lestrade came and collected him and then Sherlock ran down to the banks of the river.

"ALEX!" He yelled, shining his torch around. "ALEX ARE YOU THERE!?" No answer. He paced up and down the shoreline for about 15 minutes before retreating and telling Lestrade to send out a search team.

------

Alex's POV:

Pain's literally shooting through me. Huh. How ironic.

As soon as Jim pushed me off the bridge and I landed in the water I swam to the banks and clawed myself up. I pulled myself up onto a bench and just laid there, which in fact was very stupid because I need medical attention but my phone's probably gone kersplat because of water damage. I pulled it out of my pocket and clicked it on and to my luck.. it worked! I thought about if I should ring the paramedics straight away but I hear my name being called.

"Miss Moriarty? I didn't know you were homeless" I know that voice. That's Abbey! My little intern!

"Abbey? Is that you?" I asked hoarsely.

"Yeah. Woah, are you okay?" She asked as she came closer to me and saw the wound.

"Not really. Can you drive me to the hospital?"

"I think so yeah," She replied. The car ride was silent except for me hissing in pain a couple of times. "Have you lost a lot of blood?"

"I don't know," I murmured. "I feel like I have, though"

"We're here, come on"

-------

3rd POV:

Lestrade has reported back to Sherlock that Alex hasn't been found but he receives a call.

"Sherlock!" Lestrade calls. "Alex is in hospital, she's alright.. Well.. you know what I mean" and with that news, Sherlock ran to the oncoming taxi, stopped it and hopped in. He arrived at the hospital and ran in and saw Abbey.

"Abigail?" He asked, he could remember her face and he knew her name was something along the lines of that.

"Um.. it's just Abbey. Are you okay? You look you're going to faint" She said.

"No, fine I'm fine" He replied. "Where's Alex?"

"They're operating on her, they said she's gonna be okay though," Abbey replied, and the colour flooded back into Sherlock's face. "You really love her, don't you, Mr Holmes?"

Sherlock hadn't thought about how much he loved Alex. He remembered all the things that he'd done for her and all the wonderful things she's done for him. Sherlock liked the way she smiled, the way her eyes lit up when he played his violin, the way she laughed when John would start cussing at Sherlock for leaving body parts in the fridge; the little things about her that made him smile.

"I do, Abbey. I do really love her" Sherlock replied with a small smile. He turned to Abbey and she looked as if she was about to explode with excitement.

"I ship you two so much, oh my gosh" She squealed before being shushed by a nurse.

"You what?" Sherlock asked in utter confusion.

"It just means I think you two are perfect for each other" Abbey answered.

"Glad we have your approval" Sherlock said with a little unsureness in that sentence.

~~

It's been an hour now and Sherlock's starting to worry, but the surgeon arrives with a relieved smile on his face.

"Alex is fine, she's recovering now. I'd have to say, she has quite a knack for getting shot, this is the second time she's been here for a gunshot wound" the doctor laughed. Sherlock smiled politely and then entered the room where Alex was being kept. Abbey waited outside while Sherlock quietly entered. Alex was still under the anaesthetic and was out cold.

Sherlock walked over to a chair and sat directly beside her and took her hand in both of his.

"I know I'll say this now so you won't kill me but," He smiled to the ground and laughed. "Alexis Jean Moriarty, I love you more than I have ever loved anyone else"

A/N: Hi everyone! It's finally up!! So happy, it's about time i kinda did a chapter but hey :) Hope you liked and don't forget to vote, comment and tell your friends!!

Lots of love

~R xo