Chapter 1

You know what really pushes my buttons? Romances. Like that crap in books, movies, and on social media. I honestly doubt that any of it is real. For example - in this one book I read this guy travels across the country and declines a very important job offer just to stay with the girl he loves. I have now been single for forever because the romance I see everywhere else raises my expectations to the moon.
  Being single SUCKS, especially when you're in high school. You walk into the doors and the first thing you see are couples holding hands, kissing, and showing any other form of PDA possible. "We get it! You're happy and in 'love'! Get a room!" is something I think at least 46 times a day.
  I should probably introduce myself but I'm in a bad mood because I have to move to a new school. My dad just HAD to take this job offer. I know what you're thinking 'This is probably going to end up being a cliché story about how you meet the bad boy and fall in love and live happily ever after' but sorry to disappoint, this the real world honey. Lets just hope that nobody notices me- it's the first day of school at my new school, Spring High.. I'm neither ready nor looking foward to all of the couples there and their happiness.
Mom owns a bright blue car but then she goes on to blast her music as I open the door and get out... anddddd the attention is all on me. Great. Does she want to embarrass me?
  I attempted to find the front office to get my schedule which you would think would be located in the FRONT but no it happened to be in the cafeteria. What kind of school has their front office in the cafeteria? Whatever. I get my schedule and see that I have maths first hour which is a sign from the universe that I should just give up and be homeschooled, who needs human interaction anyways?
  I walk in and the realization of what I am wearing hits me- I am the only person in this entire room wearing black jeans and a dark colored shirt. I'm probably going to be known as the "new emo chick" now... which is a step up from my nickname at my old school (which is too rude for me even to say).
  I got through half of my classes and have had to introduce myself in every single one. Now is the best but also worst part of the day: lunch. Don't yell at me asking how is it also the worst because I have yet to make any friends and have nowhere to sit. You see the problem here?
  I look around and see some sort of system working here: one table full of stereotypical nerds, the next filled with what looked like cheerleaders, another full of kids in all black and dyed hair, etc. Meaning that where I sit will literally place me in a clique of which I will be associated with for the rest of my high school years. I only have this year and next but still this is an issue.
  I spot a table with a few people that look actually normal so I decided to sit there. I put my earbuds in and just jam while eating my cafeteria pizza (it ends up not being terrible which is a nice surprise). I sit my crust down and pull out my Dr. Pepper, I have a healthy addiction okay? As I place it on the table I am interrupted by this girl who grabs it out of my hand.
  "Lady, I don't know who you are and you don't know me but the first thing you will learn is to not mess with my Dr. Pepper. I will actually stab you with my fork." I say with the most stern voice I could muster.
  "Nice to meet you too, I'm Joselyn but you can call me Josie." I already don't like her, the girl touched my Dr. Pepper! "Not nice to meet you Joselyn, I'm Oakley." Why did I even open up my mouth? She's just going to continue talking to me! Dang it Oakley!
  "Well it's too bad, you have no friends and I was just about to offer you my friendship but I guess it's not wanted" she shrugged.
  I'm guessing I have to take her offer because she has my drink. "Deal, only if I get my drink back though". Joselyn talked the whole lunch nonstop, does this girl ever breathe? The bell rings which signals I can finally leave her.
  "Where are you going to next?" she asked. I really hope it's not your class, "Uh... Mrs. Zah-ko-line?'s class".
  "Wow! What a coincidence", crap, "I have her too! It's pronounced Zoh-kah-lynn by the way." I don't respond because I am too busy cursing the universe for letting me sit on that table and making me have the same class as her.
  I walked in and saw an empty seat and took it but guess what? Right next to Joselyn. The whole class she was whispering about some boy that she thinks she's "meant to be" with. How is it humanly possible for someone to talk this much? I swear it is like she never breathes. Half way through her explaining why they're meant to be, the bell rings... halle-friggin-lujah. Three more classes and I am home free.
  All my next 3 classes were boring and Joselyn free, a great combination. I go to my locker I was assigned and see if the combination works for tomorrow. It ends up working so I put my stuff I don't need to bring home with me and close it. I go to step towards the exit but end up slamming into something... or somebody.
  This isn't the whole "bump-into then fall in love story" so yeah don't be getting any idea.....s. I looked up and this dude is gorgeous, like '2009 Taylor Lautner somehow had a baby with Leo Gray' gorgeous.
  "Watch it there princess, I'm walking here!" And he has no manners... great.
  "Excuse me, you're walking here? What about me?"
  "You weren't the one who was ran into! I was peacefully minding my own business and you decided to ruin that peacefulness princess."
  "Well if you don't mind, stop calling me princess and I need to leave so get out of my way."
  "Make me princess. I'm Rylan by the way."
  "Okay Rylan, you asked for it" I say as slamming my knee against his child makers. Hey, he said make him so I made him... by ruining his potential to have kids, oh well. He is writhing in pain so I run past him before he can do anything to me.
  I make it to the car out of breath and tell my mom to step on it. I look back and he was sprinting after me but I got to safety. I open the window while I'm safely in the car and yell, "SUCKS TO SUCK!"
  "WHATEVER YOU SAY PRINCESS!"
  Oh great, I have to face him tomorrow .