🔷2🔷

Your key clacked in the lock and you opened the door to your house. It was somewhat big for just one person to be living in it, but you didn't care. Your cat enjoyed the big place, and it surprisingly wasn't that hard to maintain, so whatever. Sometimes it did feel a bit lonely though. Maybe that's why you agreed to take these guys with you.

"This is my house... you, uh, get yourself comfortable."

You stuttered again as you looked back at your two peculiar guests.

They entered while making sounds of amazement. You closed the door behind you, leaned on it and sighed. These were one of the least convincing humans you've ever seen.

"My Di- ah, Blue, I sense an air of hostility from that creature." Pearl said as she pointed at your cat. Blue looked back at you.

"Is this thing dangerous?" she asked, a hint of worry in her voice. You couldn't help but crack a small smile.

"No, not in most cases anyway. (Cat/N) is just wary of new people. It's better not to touch her right now though, as she might scratch you."

"Does that hurt?" Blue asked.

"Yeah, a little."

The two blue women nodded and slowly shuffled away from your cat. She sniffed them and then gave an indifferent look, as she walked over to you for pats. You smiled and pet her soft fur. When she had enough, she licked your hand and trotted away somehwere. Probably to nap.

You looked up and noticed they were now just standing in your living room, looking around in wonder. You were almost 100% certain they've never seen most of the stuff you had at home.

"Uh, sit on the couch" you pointed at it, uncertain if they even knew what that was "if you'd like."

And they did as you said. Well, Blue did anyways. Pearl just kind of stood there right next to her. You must have hit them with a pretty weirded out look, because Blue immediately whispered "Pearl, sit next to me." And Pearl immediately obeyed her command. The weirdness just kept piling up.

"Just give me a second and I'll be back with you." you smiled at them forcibly and left for the bathroom. There you leaned over the sink and splashed yourself with water several times, to make sure you weren't dreaming.

Then after you pulled yourself together you exited and made your way to sit on an armchair opposite of them. They looked at you with anticipation and you felt slightly uncomfortable, afraid you would not meet their expectations.

"So, uhm, where do you come from?" you broke the awkward silence, hopefully learning something more about them in the process.

"We're from Homew-... uh, Home." Blue said. Again, with the word cutting. And that name was just plain fake, or at least you thought it was. You narrowed your eyes in suspicion.

"Uh huh... and how far is that from here?"

"Very far." Blue responded. You just noticed that Pearl never really spoke, only to Blue. Awkward silence was just about to creep in again, when Blue asked something for change.

"So, (Y/N), how old are you?"

"I'm (Y/A)."

They both audibly gasped.

"So young!" Blue exclaimed.

"And how old are you two?" you retorted with the same question.

"We are both several thousand years ol-"

"Ah ha!" you shouted, and they jumped. You stood up and crossed your hands on your chest.

"I knew you weren't human! We only live up until a hundred at the very most!"

Their eyes were the size of plates now. Pearl covered her mouth with her hands and Blue gripped the side of the couch.

"My Diamond, we have been found out." Pearl whispered.