FIVE

"finn, i'm scared." jack looks at me, his face a pale colour. "i feel gross." he says.

i don't even know how we got here. one minute we were laughing about god knows what at dinner, and now we're in the bathroom at honeybees, jack looking like he's about to throw up.

"why did you drag me in here?" i ask, confused. jack just shakes his head and looks at me with his dark eyes, grabbing my hand and looking at my fingernails.

he lightly traces the outline of my nails with his thumb, taking in the black nail polish i have on my fingers. "jack?" i interrupt him, and he starts talking, but keeps a grip on my hand, and doesn't look at me.

"how did you do it?"

"how did i do what?"

"wear nail polish in public. wear a rainbow guitar strap. like that post about pride month being every month. aren't you scared?"

"what?"

"you're gay." jack blurts out, and i simply blink.

"well, i'm confused about it all, but-"

"aren't you scared?" he repeats.

"of what?"

"what people will say?"

"what is this about?" i interrupt him.

he looks at me, his fingers rubbing my knuckles instead of my fingernails.

"finn, i'm scared." he says again.

i've never seen jack so genuinely worked up in all the time i've known him. he's always joked around. been the type to mask his pain with his humour, even if i could catch on when he was hurting.

"i'm not scared." i answer his earlier question.
"i'm not scared because i'd rather be myself than hide, even if i haven't come out completely yet. my fans don't need to know which gender i love. it doesn't matter. jack, please tell me what's going on."

he looks up at me with his light yet dark whiskey bottle coloured eyes; eyes that i've grown to trust and love. for the first time in a while, his eyes don't seem as bright. they have a dullness to them, something unknown. i simply search them, trying to figure it out.

jack is one puzzle i've never been able to solve. all i've done is do the best i can with the pieces i get. it seemed to be working, but lately, he's been off.

then, with four simple words, he gives me a big piece.

"i think i'm gay."

his voice shakes as much as his hand. i search his eyes again for any sign of a joke, but i come up with nothing. he's serious.

"that's okay." i say gently, and he seems genuinely surprised for a moment.

"it is?"

"yeah. it is."

"i'm still figuring things out."

"aren't we all?"

he smiles, almost satisfied. i can practically feel the relief radiating off of him.

"thanks finn."

"you're welcome. i'm always here. we can figure this out together."

i quickly hug him, wrapping my arms around him tightly and gently playing with his hair.

"i can paint your nails too. at first at did it because lucas and all them did, and i thought it was cool, but it's pretty. you would look good." i smile.

he nods. "i would like that."

-

honestly that was bad, i wrote that over the course of two weeks haha.
also, i'm not trying to force a sexuality on jack or finn, it's just a one shot, a make believe story.