TWO

"you have to stop doing that." finn sighed, stepping into the safety of the hotel room.
"doing what?" jack slipped his shoes off, trailing behind finn. "acting like we're in love."
jack stopped abruptly, which caused finn to turn around. he watched as jack's smile faded, and finn immediately felt bad.

jack broke eye contact, quickly heading into the bedroom to search for his pjs in his suitcase. finn and jack had left their supper early; however, the five other losers and their parents were still downstairs. finn and jack had retreated to the hotel room.

"jack." finn closed jack's suitcase, forcing the younger boy to look at him. jack simply nodded, and moved finn's hand, returning to finding his clothes.

"are you just gonna ignore me?" as finn stepped closer to jack, the young boy snapped.
"it doesn't matter! everyone knows we aren't a thing! you have to delete pictures of me, avoid talking to me too much in public! nobody thinks you're gay, nobody thinks you're in a gay relationship with me, and i'm over my stupid crush on you. so fuck off!"

jack continued looking for his pjs, and when he found them, he went to change in the bathroom, leaving finn alone.

but as finn heard the bathroom door slam, he immediately wanted to take back his words.

"jack." finn muttered, rushing to the bathroom and knocking lightly on the door. "jack." he said louder.

the door flew open, and finn was greeted with jack's bright brown eyes. eyes he had grown accustomed to. eyes he trusted.

and as finn reached forward and pulled jack closer, pressing his own lips softly against jack's, his heart felt a million things at once.

jack seemed surprised and pulled away a moment later, looking at his best friend in the eyes.

hadn't they just argued?

"i'm sorry-" finn started, but jack cut him off and kissed him again, this time with more passion. he had waited long enough for this kiss. this kiss. playful kisses on the cheek hadn't been enough lately.

they both wanted the real thing.

which is what they got as they kissed slowly, enjoying every second. finn slowly picked jack up and placed him on the bathroom sink, playing with his hair as jack played with the collar of finn's shirt. and as they went on, it got more intense. they had waited so long for this, even if they hadn't realized it.

and when they heard the door open, they just looked at each other breathlessly, quickly going back to what they were doing before they had kissed.

"fix your hair." finn whispered in jack's ear as he left the bathroom to greet wyatt and jaeden, who were out in the living room, unaware they had almost walked in on best friends making out.

jack shivered as finn's lips touched his ear and he nodded as finn shut the door behind him.

-

honestly this was cringey as all fuck but like