Motive (Motivatedtale)

Woah that yellow is not pastel >>>:::(((I wanna draw Motive digitally later

I wanna draw Motive digitally later.

I'm like
Two years late to the whole AU making thing but I had an idea that's really challenging my thoughts and I'm gonna try to go with something for once. Took a lot of encouragement though to even get this done, honestly-

Okay but, this is an AU called Motivatedtale

Would've done Undermotivated but eh. I couldn't find anything whatsoever when I searched Motivatedtale on several websites so I really hope this is an original name coUGH.

I don't really wanna spoil too much since I'm pretty sure I'm gonna make a comic, hopefully.

But, basically, the AU is...well, an unfinished AU without a story. And that's kind of the story itself. It's a tale about how the lack of motivation (along with other things like self doubt) in a creator leaves a story unfinished, and with no reason to exist, no story, the AU is crumbling into nothingness. But there's two characters in it, that have to deal with that burden of having no ending or reasons to exist. And they're completely aware of what's going on.
At least, the first one is aware, because they were made to be that way. They inform the other one (Frisk) about all of this when they meet. They're a Sans of course, and it's sort of a joke because a lot of people either start with the Sans of an AU when creating characters, subtly revolve around a Sans of an AU in a story, or the entire story literally and shamelessly revolves around a Sans. It's kinda funny, not shaming anyone of course, don't get me wrong I like skeletons too.I started with the Frisk first though, I've already betrayed myself.

That's the most I'm gonna say for now. I find the concept of what happens to unfinished and/or abandoned stories and projects interesting, especially if there's an alternate reality that's actually effected by your decisions. Kinda like you're a god. I mean, imagine what it would be like if you had a creator and they just gave up on you, and you're left with no purpose. Seems like it would suck, haha.

Also Motive's sweater is unfinished because the creator gave up on them due to being overwhelmed with empty and destructive thoughts.

But yeah, it's basically a huge fourth wall break? It was kind of brought to idea by my own self doubt and it's been a nice tango of "no one will like this" "there's enough AU's" "you're unoriginal" "this is a waste of time" "the fandom is dying" "you have horrible character designs" "AU's are overrated" "this doesn't fit your audience" "people will judge you" "you never finish anything" "this is stupid" "your art isn't good enough" "someone probably already came up with this idea" and a lot of other things that have been plaguing my mind every time I even t r y to do anything that isn't koopaling related. Mainly with Undertale, though. Especially AU stuff, despite being interested since late 2016.

And so from my own self hatred and doubt this idea popped up and haha, and wow it took way too much courage to publish this. I feel like a lot of people struggle with similar things though. I don't know if any of this makes sense, honestly.