brandon stood back, his hands in his pockets as he watched the interaction between the people in front of him. he took notice to the way adeline and andrew were looking at each other and the way adeline would nervously look away whenever andrew looked at her too long. he could feel the jealousy growing the longer he watched them.

  "what do you say, rose?"

  "thank you." she mumbled, tightening her grip on andrews hand.

"what're you getting this morning?" adeline asked, her attention on the shy child.

"chocolate chip pancakes."

zion let out a laugh, catching rosalia's attention. "no way! me too." the boy stuck out his hand, rosalia looking at it for a few seconds before high-fiving him. "great minds think alike."

adeline felt eyes on her causing her to turn around and be met with brandon's gaze. he hadn't said a word since andrew and rosalia walked up and it confused the woman. the boy was usually so outgoing and talkative. "are you okay?" the woman whispered to him while zion continued trying to get rosalia to talk to him.

brandon just nodded his head. "i'll be back."

zion's head perked up when he saw his best friend leave the restaurant. the boy let out a sigh. "i'll go check on him. it was nice meeting you, rosalia."

rosalia moved from behind her father's leg, putting her hand out to which zion put his out as well. rosalia shook his hand in her smaller one, a smile making its way on zion's face.

"i'll be back."

adeline watched as zion left the building after his best friend, the woman letting out a breathe. "i'm sorry for brandon. he's having a rough last couple days."

"i understand. no need to apologize for it."

rosalia looked in between the two adults, feeling a smile come across her face.

"it was really nice seeing you two this morning, but i should go check on them."

"no, no— go ahead, we just wanted to say hello anyways. it was nice seeing you as well, adeline." andrew said, feeling rosalia tighten her grip on his hand.

"i'll see you guys monday?" adelines words were to both of them, but she kept her eyes on the child in front of her.

rosalia let go of her father's hand, wrapping her arms around the teachers waist again. "bye, miss kuwonu."

"bye, rosalia." adeline said, pushing rosalia's hair out of her face. the woman sent andrew another genuine smile. "bye, andrew."

"bye, adeline."

rosalia stepped back to beside her father, holding his hand as they watched the woman leave. andrew let out a sigh, "let's go eat, yeah?"

rosalia looked up at her father, letting a grin appear on her face. "chocolate chip pancakes?"

andrew playfully rolled his eyes. "yes, chocolate chip pancakes."

rosalia let out a giggle, pulling her father back to where they were seated before they saw the woman who was changing their lives whether they noticed it or not.

unknown
you cant ignore me forever.
unknown
i was young and stupid.
unknown
i've grown up so much
in the last year. it took
me leaving you guys to
notice how much i needed
you both. please answer me.

read at 7:29pm

  andrew let out a scoff at the text messages, locking his phone and roughly putting it back in his pocket. sammy and nate looked over at the man, confusion written clear on their faces.

"okay, are we going to talk about what's bothering you or are you just going to sit there silently?" sammy asked, catching andrews and nate's attention.

andrew looked between his two friends, letting out a sigh. "allison's been texting me."

nate choked hearing the words coming from his best friend. "hold up, repeat that."

the man rolled his eyes. "you heard me, nate."

"allison— as in your baby mama who just up and left one day, leaving you to raise rosalia as a single parent? she's been texting you? what the fuck?"

sammy's eyebrows were raised, the man too shocked to say anything. none of them had heard from allison since she left all those months ago.

"i don't know what to do about it. do i reply? do i continue to ignore her? i don't know." andrew rubbed his face in a frustrated matter. "she's been texting me none stop since last night. i haven't answered yet because i don't know what to say."

"i don't know— what about a big 'fuck off'?" nate said, shrugging his shoulders.

"i'm not saying that to her. i'm just not going to say anything and let the situation handle itsel—"

andrew was cut off by his phone ringing, a phone call coming in.

incoming call from ' unknown ' !

accept | decline

"tell her how you feel, maybe that'll make her realize you guys are better off without her and she'll do the right thing and leave you and rosalia alone until rose is old enough to make the choice to bring allison back into her life or not." sammy said.

andrew nodded, thinking about the idea of telling allison how much her leaving actually affected both him and rosalia. she was his first love and he loved her with everything he had when they were together, but her leaving and breaking not only his heart but rosalia's as well, killed any feelings he had for her besides his anger towards her for hurting his daughter. he'd never be able to forgive her for hurting rosalia. he'd never be able to look at her in the same light as before. andrew started thinking about how bringing her back into rosalia's life would affect her— the man coming to the conclusion that he wouldn't put her through that again. there was no absolute reassurance that allison would stay and just the thought of seeing rosalia go through losing her again— pained him.

andrew
i hope you feel the
regret of leaving your
daughter everyday.
she's such a great kid,
talented and smart and
extraordinary and you
left that. you left us
and i'll never be able
to forgive you for it.
andrew
so stop texting me
because nothing you say
will change my feelings
towards you.

unknown
she's my daughter too.
unknown
i have the right to see
her grow up just as
much as you do.

andrew
you're right. she is,
but you lost that right
to call her your daughter
the night you left.
one day, she'll want to
know you again and
it'll be her choice to do
so, but as long as i have
a say in it, you don't.

unknown
andrew. please.

block ' unknown ' ?

yes | no

authors note:

awkward ! 😆

IM NOT KIDDING THIS SHIT ALMOST DELETED I WOULDVE SUED SOMEONE ! 🤪