"Everyone is going out tonight for a drink with Mr. Hughes, we're wondering if you want to come?" She asked politely and I paused for a while, thinking for a reason to decline her polite offer. I wasn’t up for another drink; I was still suffering from a mild headache.

"I'm not so sure...." I said. Plus, I still have to unpack my things because Nath would arrive on Wednesday. Just at the same moment, Nate went out of his office and smiled at his employees.

At least he's kind to his employees. I smiled inwardly.

"Mr. Hughes Jane says she's not sure if she's coming." Kathy declared and my face heated.

What the heck? It was as if this girl is framing me and is actually using the ‘boss’!

"No! You must come! It's a tradition; every new employee has to attend our monthly night out!" Genie exclaimed popping out of nowhere and I was glad for the distraction. I just hoped he didn't notice me blushing.

"I still have to unpack in my new apartment...see, I just moved in…" I reasoned, trying to get out of the situation.

"If I must help you, I will! You must go!" Genie persisted and she was actually whining. Whoa, it was as if we’d been friends for forever and she has the right to use the whiny voice to me, which even my friend, Amy, rarely used.

"Leave her alone, Genie." Jas came out from her space with her bag hitched on her shoulder.

"Boss, you should tell her to come..." Faye turned to Nate and I looked at him, asking him with my eyes to refuse. I used to do that six years ago, when things were still right and perfect between us. He would make fun of me by doing otherwise but I wouldn’t mind, because I knew he liked seeing me all worked up.

"You should go." He shrugged and went out of the glass double doors. Right, like what he used to do back then, somehow, I got this feeling that things didn’t change for Nate. Just maybe.

"That's it, you should go, our boss told you so you should go!" Genie gave me her puppy look and I sighed in defeat.

"Fine, just this one time." The next time, I have to look after Nath.

I claimed shotgun in Genie's car but Jas overran me and claimed the seat. Keith was with Paul and Faye was with Jerel. Uh-oh. This was actually nice and convenient; I didn't have to come since I didn't have anything to ride.

"Guys, I think you should go," I said, smiling. Ha-ha!

"Go with Mr. Hughes!" Faye shouted from the car and I frowned. Like hell I would do that. I was startled by a horn and turned to see a black Volvo C70 stopped in front of me, flashy car.

No, don't tell me I have to endure a whole ride with him inside that thing!

"Get in." He said as he opened the door for me. I looked at the departing cars of my officemates and sighed in defeat. Great, my day just kept on getting better. Note the sarcasm there. I went inside and buckled my seatbelt. He revved up the engine and we set off.

"Is it far from here?" I asked, looking everywhere but him. This is just great!

I brooded silently, cursing whoever made this happen, probably myself. I made this happen myself. Maybe if I took up my mom’s offer of working in her office I wouldn’t need to go here and I wouldn’t be employed in Dreamscape. I wouldn’t meet Nate again and I wouldn’t be here, inside his car, beside him, making small talk just to avoid the deafening silence.

"Thirty minutes ride." He answered. I nodded and went on my slumber. After a few moments he cleared his throat but I ignored him. I realized that I preferred the silence. He cleared his throat again and I turned to face him.