chapter two

"I got you."

I never knew those three words would actually make me calm. The last time I heard that, it was from a guy who 'saved' me from being raped and I punched him back. I gulped when I noticed the wolf was still hanging on my sneakers. Damn, that wolf had strong teeth.

Aquaman held onto my right hand while his other hand held his trident. Then he began to lift me up while pointing his trident towards the wolf. Without any hesitation, he threw it and killed the wolf. It loosened it's bite on my sneakers and Aquaman grabbed his trident before it fell into the river below.

As soon as I was back on the bridge, I sighed in total relief. I tried to get back up but there was no use. The scratches from the wolf were deep and I could feel like my fleshes cut open.

It took me by surprise when I felt his hands circling my waist as he lifted me in bridal style. Then he jumped from where we originally were to the almost end of the bridge. He laid me down carefully with his eyes gazing right into mine.

"Thank you." I stuttered. No words came out. His stare was the only thing he gave to me. Having enough, he averted his gaze away from me and jumped back to the fight.

Then I heard my name being called multiple of times. I felt hands on my shoulders and arms. Glancing at my sides, I saw the bus driver, Jake, Kate and Caitlin. The others must've gotten hurt.

"Everyone's hurt. They're at the ambulance right now getting treatment. You should too." The bus driver told me. I simply nodded and swung my arms around Jake's and Kate's necks. I stood up and limped towards the ambulance.

However things got even worse. After hearing a loud boom coming from the fight, the bridge began to crumple. Now the unfortunate thing is that I was still at the bridge. Jake and Kate were also there. The bus driver went off earlier than us and made it away from the bridge.

Everyone on the bridge fell and plunged deep into the water. I let out a painful scream when the water made contact with my scars. Swinging my arms and kicking the water, I tried to balance myself in the water. It was hopeless though.

As I kicked and kicked the water, I hadn't realized. Why wasn't I screaming in pain? That's when I felt like my flesh were being stitched back together but without any stitches. As if they were magically healed. I continued the kicking and nothing. No pain. How?

"Jake!"

I diverted my attention away from my unexplainable situation and focused on Jake and Kate. My eyes quickly widened when I saw Jake was drowning. Holding my breath, I dived into the water and headed towards Jake. I gave him signals to hold onto me while I guide him back to the shore.

It didn't take long. Even though years has passed since I quitted being a marine biologist, I still remember the feeling of bringing someone while swimming. Things like that used to happen a lot.

With Kate behind me, the three of us swam back to the shore. We successfully made it. Yet as soon as I stood up, I realized some people couldn't swim and the others didn't care. So I did what I had to do. I swam.

There were a total of three which I manged to successfully rescue two. Only one was left. I noticed her, a 12 year old girl, having a hard time breathing properly. So I told her, "hey hey hey. Calm down first. Stretch out your neck and inhale and exhale carefully."

She followed exactly my instructions. I smiled at her for it and she smiled back. Just then, right as I was about to guide the her back to the shore, a car that was hanging from the bridge, fell. Even worse, it was aimed directly at us.

Before we could get crushed by a Mercedes Benz car, a mechanical arm wrapped around my arm and the next thing I knew, we were in the air. I looked up to see Victor Stone, Cyborg who dropped us gently on the bridge then flew away.