Chapter 70: Face Smacking the High Official of the Ministry of Appointments

Start from the beginning

凌萧的心遽然跳动,面上不由一阵发热,明明什么都做了,却还是宛如初恋情人一般,腼腆害羞。

Ling Xiao's heart suddenly started to jump, a blush spreading across his face. They had obviously done pretty much everything, yet he was still like a novice to love, bashful and shy.

贤妃讶然的看着,黯淡的敛下了眉目,跟了皇帝许久的她从来没有看见皇帝这么不顾场合过,也从来没有看见皇帝这般温柔过。

Concubine Xian watched in shock, silently pushing down her reaction. She had been with the Emperor for so long and had never seen him disregard his surroundings like this, and she had never seen him so gentle.

这个人是真的走近了皇帝的心里。

This man really did walk into the Emperor's heart.

她们无论是谁,都没有希望了。

No matter who they were, they no longer had a chance.

贤妃心中甚是明白,低顺的伏低了头,朝着凌萧行礼:"皇君康安。"

Concubine Xian came to realize it and lowly bowed, saluting to Ling Xiao, "Good greetings to King Consort."

红叶紧跟着行礼:"皇君康安。"

Hong Ye quickly followed her example, "Good greetings to King Consort."

TL Note: The greetings don't translate well, they basically mean we hope you are well and healthy and all of that.

两声行礼,倒是把凌萧的神给唤了回来,他的视线忙从皇帝身上挪开,看向了贤妃与红叶。

The two greets quickly called back Ling Xiao to his senses and his line of sight moved away from the Emperor to fall onto Concubine Xian and Hong Ye.

贤妃低顺的样子在他视线下,一览无遗,而红叶带着不甘的姿态,也没有逃过凌萧的眼睛。

Concubine Xian's obedient appearance was plainly visible, while Hong Ye's unwilling attitude also did not escape Ling Xiao's eyes.

"都起来吧。"皇帝开了口。

"You may both rise." The Emperor finally addressed them.

凌萧抿唇,乖顺的坐在皇帝的怀里,等着皇帝给他呈现他想要自己看到的景象。

Ling Xiao pursed his lips, quietly sitting in the Emperor's embrace, waiting to see what the Emperor wanted to show him.

"谢主子。"贤妃和红叶都应了一声,嫣嫣然的起身。

"Thank you Master." Concubine Xian and Hong Ye both replied and got up elegantly.

凌萧微微皱眉,红叶唤皇帝"主子",是因为她是皇帝的暗线,凌萧知道,但这贤妃怎么也跟着红叶叫皇帝"主子"?

Ling Xiao faintly frowned, Hong Ye called the Emperor "Master" because she was one of his secret guards, this he knew. But why did this Concubine Xian also call the Emperor "Master" like Hong Ye?

同样诧异的不仅是凌萧还有红叶,红叶疑惑的目光至始至终留在贤妃的身上,贤妃感受到了,微微一笑,淡然道:"这也是主子希望我如此的,妹妹不必惊讶。"

The one that was surprised was not only Ling Xiao, Hong Ye was also shocked. She turned her confused gaze onto Concubine Xian, who sensed it and faintly smiled, calmly saying, "This is what the Master wishes for me to do, younger sister does not need to be so shocked."