Chapter 55: Crisis After Crisis

Start from the beginning

凌萧闻言抿唇,傅禹君捏着下颚的手并不轻,弄得凌萧有些吃痛,他挣脱开傅禹君的束缚,忍不住开口道:"我便是心虚了又怎样?"

Ling Xiao pursed his lips when he heard that. The grip Fu Yujun had on his chin wasn't gentle at all, causing some pain for Ling Xiao. He threw of Fu Yujun's hold and couldn't help but say: "So what if I'm feeling guilty?"

心虚才证明这也不是他所想的。

Being guilty was proof that he didn't think it would had happen like that.

然而,此话说得极为倨傲,带着令人厌恶的自信,挑拨着傅禹君那根名为理智的神经,他危险得眯起了眼,冷冷的望着凌萧道:"你现在倒是坦白了!"

However, the way he said it was extremely arrogant, carrying a self-confidence that caused others animosity. It hit the nerve within Fu Yujun called reason and he narrowed his eyes dangerously, coldly looking at Ling XIao: "You are rather honest now!"

凌萧咬唇,也知自己刚刚所说的话,对于现在的傅禹君来说,难以接受,但与其四处找着借口,不如全部坦白。

Ling Xiao bit his lip, he knew that the words he said just know was hard for Fu Yujun to accept. But rather than trying to find an excuse, it was best to be honest.

傅禹君不是皇帝,他虽然身处高位,掌握着凌萧的生死,但是,皇帝的气场更要凛冽一些,一散发出来,凌萧就能感觉到死亡在靠近自己,连逃都会是徒劳,所以凌萧一直不敢跟皇帝坦白。

Fu Yujun was not the Emperor, although he had a high position and had Ling Xiao's life and death in his hands, he was not like the Emperor who had a bitingly cold aura. Once that aura came out, Ling Xiao would feel that death is near and even escaping the city would be futile. As such, Ling Xiao could never dare to be honest with the Emperor.

但傅禹君的气场,虽然可怕,但只会让凌萧想要远离......并不能感觉到死亡的气息。

So even though Fu Yujun's aura was frightening, it only gave Ling Xiao the desire to gain some distance from it... unlike the deathly aura from the Emperor.

也许,这傅禹君从来就没有想过,要自己的性命。

Perhaps, this Fu Yujun had never thought about wanting his life.

抱着这样的想法,凌萧终于壮着胆子抬起了头,与傅禹君直视道:"不管你信不信,我只说一句,你听好了,这件事情,瞒着你也不是我的所愿。"

Carrying those kinds of thoughts, Ling Xiao finally gathered his courage to raise his head and looked straight at Fu Yujun: "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not, I will only say one thing, hear it clearly. I also didn't want hide this matter from you."

小奴才神情坦荡,望着自己的目光清澄透亮,纯净的瞳孔中,映射出自己扭曲的面容,让傅禹君在凌萧面前,有些难堪了起来。

The little servant's appearance was very noble, his gaze was limpid and bright, with his pure eyes landing on his own twisted appearance, Fu Yujun felt that the Ling Xiao in front of his was a bit hard to take.

他掩饰般转开了头,躲避着小奴才的视线,小奴才的视线却如胶似漆的粘在自己的身上,他躲避着,转身逃似得跑离了凌萧的院落。

He turned his head like he was trying to hide, hide from this little servant's line of sight, but his gaze seemed to be clue on his body. He evaded his gaze and turned around, directly running out of Ling Xiao's courtyard.