Chapter 2

NOTE: I hope you like the second part. Please keep reading, voting, commenting :)

The beach sand was warm on the heels of my feet and the sun was warming my body as it shined. Amelia decided that going to the beach would give me a chance to check out the local boys in town, not like I wouldn't see them in school on Monday. She also said that breaking out of my comfort zone, being school to look at the male gender, would help me break out of my shell. Yeah right! I was enjoying the beach though. The beach was just a part of my life; Amelia knew that so maybe she thought it would be easier for me here. Which I think would be true.

I had my lime green bikini on, but my bottoms were covered by my cut-off jean shorts. Amelia had on one of her many bikinis, this one being a deep purple, she was wearing a skirt. We took a walk down the entire beach to get a feel for its visitors. Many cute boys were there, but none that caught my attention. Amelia was already making friends with a brunette boy. She was the queen of all social butterflies.

I sat down on the edge of the water, just so that my feet were getting hit by the breaking waves. I just stared into the ocean with a smile on my face, it was just so beautiful. I could hear guys playing football and then I heard footsteps hitting the sand at a fast rate. I tuned so see who was coming when someone tripped over my feet and landed on the sand hard. I jumped up to go see who fell. I hadn't gotten a good look, it happened too fast.

There covered in sand was the boy of my dreams. His hair was very dark, like the night sky. His eyes were a very dark brown with eyelashes any girl would dream for. His skin was darker tan than most, very natural. I had caught my breath, I didn't exactly know what to say, I just went with my gut.

"Are you alright? I didn't see you coming. I'm really sorry." I said with truth. He blinked his eyes a couple time. I could hear guys laughing from behind me.

A South American accent escaped from his lips, I was almost melting at his feet. He sat up leaning on his hands. "Oh, I will be fine, just some sand." He reassured me. He stood up and he was about a foot and a half taller than me, I'm only 5 foot 3 inches. He put his hand out.

"I am Marcio." He told me I looked up into his dark eyes.

"Harper" was all I could say. He smiled.

"Are you Harper Stone?" He asked me. How did he know who I was?

"Yes, may I ask why?" His smile grew bigger. He started to walk and I followed by his side.

"Your godfather invited me. He thought that being in America would be good for me. His is old friend my family. America was a wonderful opportunity; my family insisted that I go, so here I am." He said pointing to himself with his hands. I wondered how Uncle Will knew his family, but I wasn't going to ask that.

"Where are you visiting from?" I asked, engaged by his mystery. He paused. "You can tell me. I am Uncle Will's goddaughter." I said wanting to know more about him.

"I guess you are right. I am from Brazil." My face lit up. What a wonderful place to live, Dad went there before and when he came back, he was the happiest I had seen him in many months.

"Wow! I wish I had gone there. My dad has been there and he loved it, he said I would have loved it too." I looked down remember my father wasn't home. He nudged me with his elbow.

"I'm sure you'll go there someday." He said to me with a warming smile that made my heart feel like a feather. Then something else came to my mind.

"Where will you be staying?" I wondered this as well. His face came to another big smile, what a happy person.

"Your house, of course." Now I was smiling bigger than ever. Today was working out well for me.