Chapter 33: To Take Revenge and Wipe Out a Grudge

Magsimula sa umpisa

He glanced at Ling Xiao's shoulder and, seeing that it wasn't bleeding, he quietly took back his gaze.

A burst of warmth filled Ling Xiao's heart when he saw that, and he gently said, "Your servant was worried after not seeing Your Majesty return and came to take a look."

Seeing that the Emperor's face did not relax, Ling Xiao felt nervous and cautiously asked, "Is your servant... being too meddlesome?"

The Emperor lowered his head to look at him when he heard that.

The Ling Xiao in front of him, dressed in white clothing like snow with a pale face and sweat, but his eyes were alluring. The body in his embrace seemed to be powerless and the Emperor softened gently laying a kiss on Ling Xiao's hair, then he lifted him up horizontally.

"...Your Majesty.." Being picked up so suddenly, frightened Ling Xiao and he clung closely to the Emperor's neck as he worriedly cried out.

The Emperor dipped down and gave him a gentle look, but did not say anything as he carried him to Ning Xuan Palace.

Ling Xiao stayed stiff, not daring to move. Since the Emperor wasn't saying anything, he didn't dare to say anything either. He could only stare blankly as the Emperor carried him all the way back to Ning Xuan Palace and laid him on the bed, covering him with a blanket.

"Your Majesty... this servant..."

The Emperor shook his head slightly at him, "If you have other matters, wait until you're better first."

"But, Your Majesty, just now, you..." Ling Xiao struggled, trying to get up.

"The question We asked is for you to first thoroughly think about, then reply to Us." The Emperor continued where Ling Xiao left off and pressed down slightly on Ling Xiao's uninjured shoulder, trying to stop him from getting up.

At the unexpected reply, Ling Xiao could only obediently lay back down on the bed, his heart nervous.

What did the Emperor mean?

"It's late, so rest. We will go back."

Not waiting for Ling Xiao to figure it out, the Emperor left with Xiao Lizi in tow.

Xiao Lizi sneakily gave Ling Xiao a glance before he left, and what the glance showed wasn't anything good at all.

With an astounded mind and irregularly jumping heart, Ling Xiao panicked.

The Emperor was refusing to discuss it with him...

Why?

Ling Xiao became more uneasy, this Emperor was becoming more and more unreadable!

Ling Xiao laid restlessly for two days, but the Emperor never came to look at him again. He merely bestowed a pile of tonics and called the imperial physician to look at his injury everyday.

In the first place, Ling Xiao's injury wasn't serious. So after nursing it for two days, it was almost completely healed.

Since his injury was healed, Ling Xiao, who originally wanted to see the Emperor, didn't dare to see him again. He was afraid he was unable to hide the secret below, and he looked down at his own lower body as he pulled back his legs and bit his lips in confusion.

Mo Qi wasn't dead yet, so he really wasn't willing to leave the palace just like this!

Ling Xiao paced around in his own palace and, finally, made a decision.

It was the worst decision he could have made...

The Cold Palace was as shabby as before and overgrown with weeds in the courtyard. It was around 10 PM, so Ling Xiao could only borrow the light of the moon to clearly see the scene inside.