Chapter 20

*3rd Person P.O.V.*

After you went to bed, your mind was full of thoughts and your heart full of rousing feelings, so it was really hard of you to fall asleep. You felt so many different emotions, and you didn't know which ones to listen to. You felt anxious, happy, scared, thrilled. All because of the kiss. Even if you didn't consciously realize it, you had been waiting for that kiss for what felt like forever, and now that it finally happened it didn't feel real. You kept trying to put all your thoughts and feelings together so you could actually come to a conclusion of how you felt and what you wanted to happen next. Peter was definitely one of a kind, and you knew he cared for you and he would protect you with his life, but what would happen if things went wrong between you two? You didn't want to lose the friendship you already had. Also, with the lack of love and human affection in your life, you felt the need to put up a wall the second feelings came to the surface since you thought it would make you vulnerable. But the one thing you were most scared of was losing him forever, not emotionally, but something bad happening to him. That's also why you didn't want to get too attached to him. With the risks that come with being a superhero, the chances of dying are high, and what if that happened to Peter? You were already too attached to him and that thought drilled a hole in your heart, but you didn't want it to hurt more than it already did, so you made up your mind. You would talk to Peter tomorrow, tell him all you had been thinking about, and propose to just stay friends.

---

You wake up to the sound of your alarm. You wash your face in your bathroom, put on your slippers, and head to the kitchen. Anxiety starts washing over you as you get closer to the kitchen. What if Peter is there? You know you decided that you would talk to him, but it sounded easier in your head. Thankfully, you don't see Peter when you enter the kitchen. The people there were Natasha, Bruce, Thor, Vision, Peter Quill and Sam.

"Good morning." you say, as you prepare your breakfast. You weren't really hungry, and you were feeling pretty lazy, so you just had an orange juice.

"Hey." Nat says, drinking her coffee.

"You on a better mood today?" Sam asks.

"What do you mean?" you ask back.

"Last night you sounded pretty annoyed after you came back with Peter. What happened?" he asks.

"Um, just stuff." you say, sitting down on one of the kitchen stools next to Thor and Peter Quill, the rest were sitting by the table.

"Stuff?" Bruce asks from behind you.

"I don't wanna talk about it." you say in a huff.

"Alright." Bruce says.

"By the way have you seen Peter?" you ask, changing the subject.

"Uh, yeah. I'm next to you." Quill teases with a smile.

"You know I'm not talking about you." you say with a smile.

"I think he is still sleeping." Thor says. After you finished breakfast, everyone left to train and do their own stuff except Quill. You started talking to him, and you two immediately clicked, and you knew you were going to be good friends with him. You were really happy to learn that he shared the same music taste as you, and so was he. He then showed you his walkman, and your reaction was priceless.

"Woah, this is amazing! The music in here is gold." you say excitedly, admiring the device in your hands, and being extremely careful.

"If you want to, you can keep it for today." he says.

"What? Are you kidding?!" he says, and he shakes his head. "Thank you so much!"

"You know, you must be very special for Quill to even let you touch the walkman." a voice says behind you. You turn around and see no one. "I'm down here." you look down, and see the raccoon like Guardian.