I knew what he was planning. If I showed up to his date, his (maybe) fiancé would obviously reject him. I mean who brings another woman to a date?

"I don't care. Have fun." I waved him off.

Zach groaned. "Fun? With that woman? She's gonna fry me alive!" He rubbed his face in frustration. "It's all my fathers plan."

I shrugged. "Maybe she'll make you more responsible."

"Amira I swear to God I-" He began but all of a sudden Hector appeared in front of the door. Zach stopped talking and just glared at him.

I slowly turned to look at Hector, the room suddenly got hotter.

"You look amazingly ready." Hector said and my jaw almost fell to the floor. I knew Zach was probably boring holes into my back by now.

I frowned at Hectors comment. "Wow, uh thanks!"

Hector smiled. "Of course and Hi Zach. Hope you're doing well."

"Grand." I heard Zach mutter.

*******

The next day I walked into work to find out that Hector had been moved to another location to work.

I gawked at the receptionist. "What do you mean moved?" Hector has given me his blazer to wear due to the cold breeze yesterday while we were out of lunch. I go in today and try to return his jacket only to find out he's gone.

The girl behind the counter of Hectors department shrugged. "They moved him and he's getting a pay raise."

I felt my jaw open in shock. Out of the corner of my eye was Zach. He strode in, not a care in the world. When his eyes met mine, he made sure to wink.

*******

I could NOT stand him. I did not want to see him and I was only getting more furious as the day progressed. How dare he interfere with my life like that.

What was he going to do every time I went out with a guy? Make them disappear?

I felt my blood boiling and I didn't want to see him in case all my business demeanor flew out the window.

"Amira!" Zach suddenly sang aloud. His tall figure strode towards me as I stood waiting for the elevator.

I spun around, hiding my face. How could he be so happy and unethical? He was almost skipping.

The elevator doors finally opened and I ran inside. I quickly pressed the buttons to shut the doors and to my relief they immediately started to shut.

But just as the doors were going to meet, Zach shoved his foot in between them.

"No no no!" I groaned as the doors opened wide.

Zach rolled his eyes. "Well good morning to you too."  He stepped into the elevator. The smell of his cologne started to swirl around faintly. I tried to pretend he didn't smell as good as he looked today.

I glared at him. "It's not a good morning!" The elevator shut behind him.

Zach looked at me, skeptically. "And whys that?" Zach pressed the floor level we would be off at.

I looked at him with disbelief. "Oh please don't act like you don't know! You purposely moved Hector just because we were going to get a casual lunch!"

Zach looked unbothered by the accusation. "Don't worry about him. He almost cried when he saw the pay raise."

"Zach," I sighed. "You can't just move people around like that? Is it because of me? I feel that it's because of me."

Zach shrugged casually. "Didn't like the guy."

The elevator door opened before I could say anything. I started to walk the opposite way he was walking. He must have heard my heels clicking because he turned around.

"And where are you going?" He asked loudly.

I clutched to the folder in my arms. "I'm going to drop these off." It was a lie. I didn't want to spend any time with him outside of important hours.

"We have a meeting in ten minutes?" Zach's started to follow me down the opposite hall.

I groaned. "Zach! I don't care! You can go ahead I don't even have to be there!"

Zach's eyes flickered with something I couldn't comprehend. Before I could argue any longer he suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me into an open empty office room.

*******

HEYYY LONG TIME NO SEE! Sorry this book took a while to update. I got super big writers block but here I am again!

Tell me thoughts,feels, likes, everything!!!

Thank you for sticking around!!