Chapter 13

Hey guys! Please leave a comment and make sure to vote. It will give me an idea of who still likes this book lol.

Thank you so much for your patience.
***

I eyed Zach.

"What do you mean he's married?' I asked, my heart beating quickly. I felt my stomach turn at the though of being with a married man. I definitely didn't want to be a home wrecker.

Zach rolled his eyes. "I mean he is married to someone else and not you." He explained as if I was dumb.

I shook my head in disbelief. "How do you even know this?"

Zach looked away almost avoiding my gaze.

"Zach." I said sternly as I eyed him. "What did you do?"

Zach started whistling and then I poked his side. He suddenly giggled. "Stop that." He said and I glared at him.

"Okay okay," He finally said. "I may have looked at his profile."

"Zach!" My eyes widened. "That's illegal!"

Zach rolled his eyes. "No it's not. I'm technically his boss."

"No you're not." I argued but the sudden daunting feeling that I had just flirted with a married man dug into me. I plopped down on the sidewalk. "I can't believe this! I never can find the right man!" I shouted to the empty streets. I probibly looked crazy and desperate because even Zach gave me a look that made said "you cray".

However, Zach sat beside me. "It's okay." He patted my arm awkwardly. "You'll find him." He said. "Even if he's in front of your damn eyes." He suddenly murmured quickly.

I didn't hear correctly but I asked what he said but he just shook his head. "Nothing."

I then kicked off my high heels that were cramming my foot. "Call a cab." I said as I put my head between my two hands and stared at the ground. My life was so complicated.

"How about we do something better?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

I took a big breath. "No." I shot down his offer. "Last time you said that I ended up with a huge hangover."

Zach chuckled. "That was pretty funny though."

"Ha ha." I faked a laugh and Zach's eyes looked down at my lips. "What?"

"You have pretty lips." He then said.

My eyes darted away from his and my face weridly began to slowly heat up. I then took a deep breath and stood up.

"I'm going home." I felt my head. "I'm already feeling a headache come on."

Zach looked at me weirdly. "That happens?"

I shrugged. "I think so."

******

The next day I avoided Charles like the plague.

Whenever he tried to talk to me I always would pretend that I was busy and zoom past him.

I mean I didn't know what else to do in this situation. It was just awkward.

"What do you think of this?" Zach appeared from behind me holding a paper.

I leaned in to see what the small print said and then realized it was his presentation.

I gave him a stern look. "That's way too short of a speech. Your dad will fire me if you do this."

Zach groaned and crumbled the paper up. He threw it at the nearest trash can and it didn't even make it in.

I looked at him. "It must suck to be you." I joked.

"You don't even know, woman." He sighed.

After Zach's embarrassing attempt at his basketball tricks, we went to a meeting that was actually very important.

It was from his dad and it was a big discussion on how to make this company better. I knew for a fact that one of us wanted to say "take Zach out" but nobody had the guts.

It was actually pretty funny to see all the big guys struggling to just say that simple yet complex thing.

****

"Where are you going?" Zach said as he trailed behind me.

I turned around. "Home obviously." I answered.

He nodded. "Right home." He put a finger to his chin. "The place you go after work."

I nodded slowly. "Right." Where was he going with this.

"When will I be able to see you again?" He then quickly shook his head. "I mean uh well.." He tapped his foot. "Have a good day!" He then blurted out before turning around and quickly walking away.

I just watched him speed walk back to the elevator and chuckled at his weird personality.

*****

"Zach." I said sternly.

I pushed the plate of food in front of him. "They told me to make you taste this."

Zach turned around in his spinning chair. "No."

I glared at him. "Why not?"

He looked at me like I was dumb. "I could be poisoned!"

I bit my lip. I so badly wanted to hit him right now but I calmly kept my cool. "Just try it! They want to know your opinion!" My eyebrow twitched. I was so annoyed at him for not trying the food that they are thinking of putting in the cafeteria.

He eyed me then pushed it forward. "How about you try it first and then I'll try it."

I took a deep breath. I could feel my palms itching. They wanted to slap something. Preferably Zach.

"No." I finally answered.

Zach then backed away. "Then no."

I stomped my foot. "You're such a sissy."

"No I'm not." Zach fired back and , probably subconsciously, took a bit bite of the food in front of him.

I smiled. I always win.

He noticed what I just did and he glared at me. He looked actually cute when he glared with his mouth full. "What?" I laughed.

Suddenly Zach's second secretary bursts from the door. "Zach your fiancée is here!"