━━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐑𝐃𝐎 𝐎𝐍 𝐌𝐀𝐏𝐋𝐄 - 𝐏𝟏 ━━

Start from the beginning

"See over there?" Mike points to the bathroom just across the room. "That's the bathroom. Privacy. Get it?" He asks. The girl looks ashamed and confused. She looks to the bathroom and then to me, her eyes pleading. I can tell she's afraid to be alone. I take a quick, deep breath and look at her. "Do you want me in there with you?" I offer gently. She nods and we are all surprised to hear her speak.

"Yes."

"So you can talk? Okay, umm yea, yea that's okay, I can do that." I grab her clothes off the couch and I lead her to the bathroom and she looks around in curiosity.

"Here, is it alright with you if I close this?" I gesture to the door. Panic crossed her features and she speaks for the second time tonight.

"No."

"Hey, its okay, it's just so that you can change in privacy, ya know so they don't accidentally see you changing. How about we close it most of the way? That way you have privacy, but you know you can still get out. Does that sound good?" She hesitates then nods her head slightly. I push the door in so it's cracked open.

"Alright, I'm gonna turn around so you can change. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere." I said in a reassuring tone, handing her the clothes. She nods her head as she takes the clothes, and I smile, I turn around and stand there patiently. Having nothing to do but stare at the wall, however since I'm near the cracked door, I can hear the boys talking.

"This is mental." It was Dustin.

"At least she can talk." Mike defended.

"She said 'no' and 'yes.' Your three-year-old sister says more." Lucas counters. I bite my lip, trying not to yell at Lucas. If he heard her say 'no' to me from the bathroom, that obviously means that we can hear him. As much as I love those boys, they can be really insensitive.

"She tried to get naked." Great, Dustin was never going to let this go, I can tell.

"There's something seriously wrong with her. Like, wrong in the head."

"She, just went like..." and then I could barely make out the muffled sound of something falling.

"I bet she escaped from Pennhurst."

"From where?" Mike sounded just as exasperated as I was feeling.

"The nuthouse in Kerley County."

"You got a lot of family there?"

"Bite me."

"Seriously though, think about it. That would explain her shaved hair and why she's so crazy."

"Why she went like.."

"She's an escapee is the point. She's probably a psycho."

"Like Michael Myers."

"Exactly! We should've never brought her here."

"So you just wanted to leave her out in that storm?"

"Yes! We went out to find Will, not another problem."

"I think we should tell your mom." Dustin offers.