Chapter 2

Ludwig's eyes flew open and sat up quickly, breathing heavily. He felt a tear threaten to fall but was quickly stopped it by him angrily swatting it away. Nein! I may be alone, but I will not cry. I might as well go on a walk to clear my head. Ludwig got out of bed and got dressed. He left his bedroom, still fighting tears as he walked by the empty bedroom next to his. He put his jacket on before pulling on his boots and standing up. He pushed his hair back not really caring what it looked like or the fact that some pieces were still in his face. He began walking down the sidewalk. Thinking about his breathing rather closely and looking down. It wasn't long before he realized he had walked himself right into town. He looked around and seen an auburn-haired man with an odd curl struggling to carry a rather large brown paper bag. At first, Ludwig laughed to himself. But things weren't as funny as the man started falling over. Ludwig sprinted over and grabbed the man by the arm steadying him and also reaching over to make sure none of the contents in the bag would fall out. Then took the bag from him, setting it on the ground.

His eyes were greeted by grateful amber ones, and then all at once, they looked confused. Ludwig was too awkward to say anything or to walk away so he just looked him in the eye and scratched the back of his neck. Eventually, he couldn't take it anymore, the silence was killing him, "A-are you okay?" The man blinked a few times quickly then responded "Uh... yeah. Thank you! By the way..." he trailed off, "H-have I saw you before?" He asked. Ludwig was taken aback, he thought about it for a few seconds, "Not that I can recall..." was all Ludwig could think of to say. At this point, they were both blushing. The man shook his head and sighed, "I'm so sorry. Hi, I'm Feliciano" he held his hand out. Ludwig took it and shook it "Ludvig." Feliciano smiled awkwardly. "I'm guessing you're not from around here?"

"Hm? What makes you say that?" He asked, sounding somewhat panicked. "Your accent is thick," Ludwig replied, laughing. Feliciano giggled. "If you don't mind me asking, why are you here anyway?"

"Oh, I've been wanting to go to Oktoberfest for the longest time, and now I'm finally here in Munich!" He sounded so happy. Ludwig smiled at how bubbly this little Italian man is. "Hey, I'll be there too."

"Oh really? That's cool!" Feliciano looked so nervous, "Well, I should really be heading back before my fratello has a heart attack, but really thanks again!" Ludwig's heart stopped, what does fratello mean? Does he have a girlfriend? Why does it matter to me? "Fratello?"

"Oh, it's brother in Italian!" he said with a smile. "Oh..." Ludwig let out a sigh "Got it, well... actually I was wondering if you didn't want me to help you carry that so we don't have a repeat of what just happened without someone to help you." It only took him a few seconds to respond, "Actually, yeah! That would be nice, thank you!" Ludwig took the bag from the ground. "Alright! This way!" Feliciano started walking again, but without the extra weight from the bag and his arms free Feliciano was pretty much bouncing alongside Ludwig. Ludwig smiled at him, marveling at how happy he was. He shook his head. Stop staring it's rude. He decided to look at the sidewalk instead but found his eyes looking in the Italians bag. Bread on top, but underneath there was so many things for different kinds of pasta dishes. Suddenly Ludwig was startled out of his trance by Feliciano, "Here, I can take it now if you want, this is the hotel I'm staying in." Ludwig looked at Feliciano with concern, "Are you sure you can handle it?" Feliciano playfully rolled his eyes "Yeah, I'll be fi-" He was cut short by Lovino bursting through the front doors of the hotel. He hugged Feliciano tightly, "Mio Dio fratello, I nearly had a heart attack!" Feliciano looked over at Ludwig "I told you." He said quietly giggling. Lovino's eyes shot over to Ludwig. "Who's this?" He snapped. "Hi, I'm Ludvig, you must be Feliciano's fr... fra... bruder." Lovino's grasp on Feliciano seemed to tighten. "How do you know? What do you want with him, bastardo?" Ludwig puts his hands in front of his body, "Whoa, whoa, I don't want anything of him, I just helped him home. He nearly fell into the street because of this bag that's half his size, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time to catch him." Feliciano looked at Lovino and simply nodded, just pretty much confirming that Ludwig wasn't lying. Lovino blushed as he let go of Feliciano and looked down at the sidewalk. "Well then, thanks I guess." Feliciano picked up the bag and waved goodbye to Ludwig as he was dragged inside by Lovino. Once in the elevator, Lovino decided to look in the bag to see what his brother had gotten. "Feliciano, as much as I love pasta, is that seriously all you got, besides this bread?"