Forward: a loving dedication.

Welcome to Like A Mighty Fortress.

Today I was going through some old things with my mother, when we stumbled across a book my loving uncle had written. As of (7/28/18), I've only made it two chapters in, and am amazed at how eerily similar my writing matches his. He only made it to fifty-seven chapters, so I'll be typing those up, then I plan to finish his work.

His name was Tracy Neal Wilcoxson, and he was my uncle. Brilliant, wise, mischievous and loving, Tracy was an absolute light in the life of anyone who knew him. He loved science fiction, writing, cars and his family. Always a trickster, and brilliantly strategic, there was never a dull or sad moment with Uncle Tracy. He passed away from AIDS when I was seven, and I still miss him to this day.

I will be writing his work only with very few and small edits, as this was written 36 years ago, and I will be finishing it for him, in honor of him.

So, to Uncle Tracy: Thank you for your years of love and joy you gave to me as a child, and all the Loki-esuqe ways you taught me to bring laughter to others. Thank you for teaching me how to dream, how to imagine worlds and people and places within my own imagination, one you sparked to life. Thank you for passing on your skills to me; I am forever grateful and honored to put your work out to the world, and to finish it for you. I love you dearly, and miss you more than I can say.

You had a million dreams, and I will help you finish this one.

Never give up, and never give in, because we're too stubborn.

- Wilcoxson family motto.