Chapter 3

Lily's POV
**********
My face falls. My sister is still inside. The building is falling apart, and soon the whole buildings foundation will give away too. I really want to know who or even what did this, or how is happened. But, the main goal right now, is my sister.

I glance down at my mom. I can't exactly leave her either. She's all healed, but she hasn't opened her eyes yet, which means that she won't be able to defend herself. I take a deep breath. I can't leave my sister. That is not going to happen. I give one last glance to my mom and leave the tree branch house that I formed.

I spread my wings from my back, and fly upwards and to the house. I am now above it, but there is no sign of my sister. My heartbeat quickens as my breath fastens because I cannot locate my sister. What if she's dead? What if I could save her in time?

I shake my head. I can't have these thoughts right now. I need to focus on the chance that she is. I scan the house that is still falling apart carefully, when I spot a figure. All of a sudden, a circle with intricate symbols forms in front of the figure, holding up parts of the building from falling on it, and, with renewed hope, I realize that that figure is my sister.

I fly straight and occasionally swerve as falling ceiling pieces fall near me.

BOOM.
CRACK.

I stop in place, while dread fills me. That deafining booming sound can only mean one thing. The foundation of the house is falling. Within the next 15 seconds, the house will completely fall apart. I need to hurry.

I start to fly again and increase my speed. I can feel the wind rippling my clothes as I fly fast. I zoom through the debris and falling pillars and ceiling pieces. I'm almost there. I can almost reach her, when the support in pillars of the house, crack.

With desperation, I fly even faster to my sister. I am only inches away when I grab her and fly 50 meters up into the air. She flails in my hold, and starts to punch my back. She's about to pull out a knife to stab me. Oh god.

"Sis!! It's me! Your sister! Lily!" I shout.

To my relief, she puts the knife down.

"Oh. Oh god, sis I'm sorry! The house was falling apart all of a sudden from nowhere and then out of the blue someone grabs-" She rambles.

"Katherine! It's fine! We need to get to mom right now. Once mom wakes up, we should go find dad. He should be at work." I tell her.

"Okay." She agrees.

I angle myself to fly towards my mom and the tree branch make shift house I made.

I put my sister down and open a door for her. While she enters, I look back at the debris and peices of marble, glass, and chunks of the ceiling on the floor in a huge heap. Tears form in my eyes. I grew up my whole life. I always felt safe. I always felt happy. Now that's gone. Some monster took that from me.

I get the keen sense that someone is watching me. I turn my head and on a cliff, watching me, stands a tall figure. By the looks of it, it's a man. His hair flows out behind him as he watches. He turns around and leaves the depressing site.

I don't know who he is.
I don't care.
I will find him.
And I will make him pay.