Dinner at Patrick's

After the wedding, I moved to Monroe with my love, Max. Max had a friend named Patrick Siddle. He was very close to Max. They were friends from the school and both were in the police. Patrick was the only person Max would talk nicely and laugh with. They were like brothers. Sometimes, I thought that I am not his wife but Patrick is. They both loved each other. He lived near us, it was a just a two minutes’ walk from our house to his house. He came to our home nearly every day after Max came back from patrolling. Everything was going very fine, I Loved living in Monroe. Patrick was happy to see his friend getting married. Patrick was married and had 2 kids.

On a Sunday, he invited us to a dinner in his new house. He just shifted from one block to other. I went to his house with Max. He introduced his wife Mary and his children Jacob and Phill.

All of them were very loving we had dinner together. Mary was a great cook. I was happy but I was having a feeling, A feeling that was taking me to a door. I don't know what was happening. I had had these types of feelings before but this one was pretty strong. I had these type of feelings from my childhood. We ate the food. Patrick and Max sat on the sofas and started talking. Children went to play. Mary took me to a tour of her house. She showed me her kitchen, bedroom, Children's bedroom and even the attic. She cleaned it and it looked that there was never any dirt in it. She didn't tell me what was inside the door. My curiosity grew stronger and I asked her that what was inside that room. She said "Clare, It isn't a door to a room. It's a door to the basement. Previous owners had told us that we should not go there. I didn't know what to say more. I said "OK" and went to sit with Max. Mary joined too. We had a nice talk and then, we decided that it was time to go. Mary and Jacob bid us the farewell and I walked to home with Max.

When I went to the home, I told Max about my Psychic abilities. He believed me because he was a very religious person. He told me that I should use my powers for the help of others and I should go to the church more often. I wanted to tell Max about the feeling I got in Mary's house but decided not to do so. I didn’t tell him about my powers before but this incident made me realize that I can’t keep it as a secret for very long.