Chapter 5: Dadbod Central

After that night, Emily and Shawn hit it off right away. They had a lot of similar interests, two of the most prevalent being music and food, both making it easy for them to relate to each other and become closer. The two began dating, and Emily frequently stayed over, encouraging Shawn to eat the fattiest foods, and watching as he gorged himself almost daily. Unfortunately, this mass amount of eating resulted in more than just the couple's relationship growing....

   A month after they started dating, Shawn woke up to the mouthwatering smell of bacon and waffles. Excited, he shot up from his laying position, pulling his shirt down, unaware why it had ridden up during his slumber. Rising out of bed, Shawn was slightly off-kilter, still feeling the effects of the alcohol he had consumed the night before. Heading to the bathroom, he scratched his abdomen, completely unaware of the jiggling it set off. Pulling down his pants to relieve himself, Shawn happened to glance down, when his heart nearly stopped. There, sitting proudly before him, in place of his usual hard, toned abs, was a little pot belly. It sat there, filling out his t-shirt tightly, completely covering his now old physique. "Oh. My. God. I've let myself go for real this time," He thought, feeling his new belly. It was completely soft, and jiggled as he shook it up and down. He finished peeing, and stepped on the scale, holding his breath.

   "202?!?!?!" He practically screamed, doing the math quickly in his head. "I gained fifteen pounds! Oh man what have I done..." He said, stepping off the scale to look in the mirror. And boy, did it look a lot worse than 15 pounds. The man in the mirror looked like a jock gone to seed, who hadn't seen a gym in months. To be fair, that was Shawn's exact story. 

    Shawn's jawline was still prominent, but it lost some of it's sharpness, blending into his neck quite easily. His adam's apple was covered with a small layer of fat, and could only be seen if he tilted his head back and swallowed. His shoulders were still broad, but had lost all definition. His perfect pecs were not so perfect anymore, looking simply like an average chest, if not starting to get a little moob-like. The biggest change by far was his stomach. Without pushing it out, his stomach completely filled out his shirt, and half an inch of it was peeking out under the hem. Shawn removed his shirt to see the full damage of his bad habits. 

    He still had a cute happy trail, but instead of being centered by two sculpted ab muscles, it was now the centerpiece for his little belly. His obliques had completely softened out, creating two small love handles that pillowed out above his tighter waistband. Turning around, Shawn saw his booty, which had lost all of its muscle, and was now drooping considerably, and must've carried five pounds of fat itself. He grabbed one cheek and let it fall, watching it jiggle in horror. His arms had lost their vascularity, but if he flexed he would still have decent biceps, although they were covered in a small layer of fat. Shawn tried to flex his stomach, but although it flattened out a little, not a sign of his older physique was shown. "I can't believe this.I need to go on a diet," He decided right then and there, disgusted with the dadbod that had seemingly appeared overnight.

     Running downstairs, becoming aware of his tummy and butt jiggling with every step, he found Emily, placing a huge platter of waffles and a side of bacon, with what looked like almost a gallon of Canadian maple syrup onto the table. "Did I gain weight?" Shawn immediately asked, looking and sounding very stressed. "Well, good morning to you too, baby!" Emily giggled, motioning for Shawn to sit down. "I mean, look at me! I've gotten huge!" He said, sitting down and slumping in his chair, flopping three waffles onto his plate. "Honey, it's normal to put on a little weight when you're not as active. You've been on vacation, you can't be expected to maintain a perfect figure and diet. And you're not huge baby, you still look sexy. If you're that worried, start hitting the gym again, and maybe cut back on all the food," She laughed, watching as Shawn drowned his waffles and bacon in a pool of syrup. 

   "I guess you're right. I'm sorry I overreacted, but as long as you still like me if I don't have a perfect body right now," He replied, Stuffing a forkful of waffle into his mouth. "Of course I do, Shawn. I'll support you with whatever you want to do."

    Emily suspected that Shawn would catch on eventually, and tone up quickly after seeing how much damage he had done. But on the other hand, it was very possible Shawn would decide to never look back, since he seemed to enjoy his food so much. She watched as he finished his plate of food, then leaned back and burped aggressively as his stomach bulged out even more than it did this morning. Downing his glass of orange juice, Shawn quickly got up. "I'm gonna get changed, then get to the gym! I gotta get my body back before anyone sees me like this!" Shawn declared, seeming inspired by the influx of calories just consumed. He leaned over and kissed Emily on the forehead, thanking her for the food, and jogged upstairs. Emily sighed longingly, and watched his butt jiggle up and down with every step he landed on.