prologue,

prologue,

        BELLEZZA Grace Matthews

BELLEZZA Grace Matthews. The Golden Girl of the Peaky Blinders — an infamous, Roma-origin razor gang that lurked in amongst the streets of Small Heath, Birmingham. However, despite the fact that the Golden Girl lived with Polly Gray, and was considered as another sister amongst the Shelby family — she was far from being like any of them.

Her heart was made of pure gold, she didn't have a bad bone in her body. Violence? Blood? Gore? Guns? Blades? Nothing like that was of interest to her, in fact, it scared her more than it did interest her, really. But, the same could not be said for the rest of the Shelby's. But Bellezza was not a Shelby. She was a half-Italian girl who had a smile that lit up the dark streets of Small Heath, and a laugh that was like music to one's ears, with beauty that was totally unmatched by anyone else in the entirety of Birmingham.

Perhaps that was all a front, though.

Bellezza's life wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. . . well, she lived under the same roof as Polly Gray, and constantly had the Shelby brother's around her at all times. Though Thomas, Arthur, John and Polly had all sworn not to let Bellezza anywhere near the blood and the violence of the family business, it still didn't stop the demons that lurked within the brunette Italian girl.

For starters, there was a (rather dark) reason as to why she was living with Polly, and not her own, biological family. But, she didn't like to talk about it. And, most of her family lived in Italy, running the streets of Verona with their own gang. So, that made Bellezza double-y protected.

When Michael Gray, or Henry Johnson as he was known as when Bellezza first met him, first met Bellezza, he couldn't even begin to believe that the petite, brunette girl with a funny accent and big, hazel eyes dressed in pretty pastels was in any way tied with the Peaky Blinders, or the Romano family over in Italy, but she was. She seemed so sweet and innocent. So happy and kind and peaceful. It was miracle how she had kept herself like that for so long.

    But perhaps she wasn't like that after all.

He found out, of course. As Michael began to know Bellezza, fall for her — love her — he soon found out that it wasn't any sorts of miracles at all. . . that Bellezza wasn't as sweet and as innocent, as happy and as kind and as peaceful as she seemed to be. She was, in fact, a fantastic actress. But still, actress or not, that didn't stop Michael from falling in love.

Falling in love with a half-Italian girl who lived with his mother with the name of Bellezza Grace Matthews.

    And Bellezza fell in love with Michael, too. Because someone told her that perhaps falling in love with new people, letting them in, wasn't such a bad thing after all.

[ word count, 500 ! ]

i'm back!!
and re-writing and re-publishing this book
because i started writing this back in 2018
and reading it over again made me cringe
a little so, here we are.
i've also had MAJOR writer's block for this
book, but i think i know what i'm doing now
(probably not but we move).
the actual chapters won't be as short as
this prologue, either, don't worry lol.

anyways,,,
hope u enjoy the new and improved
young & beautiful !!!

lots of luv <33 xxxx