Jealous much?

1973
--------------------
Conrad:
--------------------
There's a knock at the door to Ricky's room. I get up, not bothering looking at the time. When I open the door, Ricky is dressed in one of Mason's old blue tank tops, black shorts, and hiking boots.

"We are suppose to go meet the expedition leader." She announces, only looking into my eyes.

"I thought I was suppose to be the expedition leader." I say, utterly confused.

"Well, you are just the... what do they call it? A guide? I'm not sure, but apparently she is going to be in charge of the entire operation." Ricky voices, her vocabulary starting to evolve.

"She?" I ask.

"Nina Portobellos." Ricky responds, looking down at her feet.

"Let's go, before the others start talking about us." I joke, trying to lighten the mood.

Ricky smiles at the ground, but doesn't look up. I change quickly, and catch up to her in the hall.

--------------------
Ricky:
--------------------
"I'm Nina Portobellos. I will be Expedition Leader on the ground. What I say, goes. You don't like the way I run my ship, you will no longer call me captain. In four days, the ship will send an extraction team. Whoever manages to survive, make it to the south-eastern coast. If you don't manage to survive, so sorry that you died. We have a large military escort, but they will not be useful in the slightest. Here they are." Nina announces, drawing everyone's attention to the large group wearing green clothing.

Nina was an older woman. Her hair dark brown, but graying, was pulled into a no nonsense bun. Her tan skin, suggested she had worked in the sun for a long time. Her forehead bore scars and wrinkles from worrying and fighting. The corners of her eyes were also wrinkled. Her cheeks were adorned with scratches and scrapes. Her eyes were a dark brown that was almost black.

A young man stepped forward. He was very attractive. He had black hair, dark tanned skin, and beautiful hazel eyes. He smiled at me, revealing two cute dimples. I burned red, when he winked at me.

--------------------
Conrad:
--------------------
I don't like this man. After he winked at Ricky, I took her hand. His smile subsided a little.

"Well, hello. I'm Colonel Jasper Walker. Most of you were involved with Skull Island, is that correct?" He asks, looking at Ricky.

"Yes." Is heard from almost all of us, except the military men.

"Well, let me tell you congrats. Monarch calls you 'the great success that earned them funding'." He growls, clearly displeased with Monarch as well.

"Colonel, the briefing." Orders Nina, who is staring daggers at the man.

"Ah, yes. Well, it's an island. It's bigger than skull island, and it resembles a bowl. Take a look." Walker instructs, flicking on the projecter.

An image of the island appears. It is almost a perfect circle and it's already bigger than a large cargo ship.

"This is just the lake." Colonel Walker laughs, flicking the projector again.

A larger body of land shows up on the screen. It is probably twenty times the size of the island we saw before it.

"This is the whole island. As you can see, there is no lake. That's because the lake is behind all these mountains. Now, you can't see the south-eastern coast, but it is also hiding behind these mountains. So, good luck trying to navigate that mess." He points out, making me feel uneasy.

"Class dismissed." Shouts Nina.

Everyone files out of the door, but I stay by Ricky.

--------------------
Ricky:
--------------------
"Hello. You must be the island girl, Ricky. Pleasure to meet you." Greets Colonel Walker.

"Sir." I nod back.

"Please, please. Call me Jaz." He says, making me blush.

"Colonel." Nods James, coming up behind me.

"Ah. The one and only captain Conrad." Jaz laughs, winking at me.

"Ricky, darling, we must be off." James says, taking my hand.

"Bye, Ricky." Chuckles Jaz.

"Bye." I whisper, walking away with James.

James walks me back to our rooms. I sigh, not knowing what all this is about. James let's go of my hand, and goes into his room. I walk into mine, knowing he never locks the door between our rooms. I think it's just because he's incredibly on edge and worried sick. I honestly don't object because I do feel safer.

When I open the door, I see him on his bed. His legs are dangling off the end, and he is face down on the blankets. It doesn't look comfortable, especially with the foot board. I walk over and sit on the bed. My hand rests on his shoulder.

"What's wrong?" I ask, wanting him to look at me.

"It's nothing." He mumbles.

"James, please don't lie to me. I know there's something wrong. You can't push me away." I sigh, trying to keep my voice smooth and sweet.

"Do you like Colonel Walker?" James asks, confusing my thoughts.

"I've only just met him. A friendship is built on familiarity, and I-"

"I mean as more than a friend, Ricky." Interupts James, as he sits up

"Are you jealous?" I tease, slightly flattered.

"Ricky." He whispers, sadness in his tone.

"Of course not. That place in my heart is already filled." I say, solemnly.

"It is?" Asks James, fear controlling his voice.

"By you." I laugh.

He blushes, and relaxes. Then he is tense again.

"What now?" I tease.

"I want to be with you forever." He whispers, making me blush even though no one else can hear.

No words come to mind to respond to him. I just lean in, connecting our lips. He pushes me back, laying me down on his bed. My hands fly to the back of his neck. His hands hold himself up. His tongue finds it's way into my mouth again, exploring till it knows every detail.