12. Progress

In the dark room, lit only by the moonlight, Tala awakens from a dream. She doesn't remember what it was: only that Vixy and her old pack were in it. Slowly, she slips out of the other teen's bed, naked, as she had removed her clothing at some point in the night. Tala wanders over to the window longingly, looking out over the forest.

Will she ever see her pack again? Will she ever cuddle the pups to sleep at night, keeping them safe and warm? Do they miss her? Tala strokes a faint scar on her arm, given to her by a pup in his sleep. He had been dreaming. She looks out over the forest again, past the rows and rows of houses.

The pale moonlight shines on the wild girl's tanned skin. Vixy squints, staying still so that she doesn't alarm Tala to her awakened presence. She's not surprised that she has found Tala staring outside, as well as standing naked.

Curiousity strikes the teen's mind. Looking over Tala, she notices, actually notices the defined muscles from the years of living in the woods. The curves of her body show of her age, even if her mind is that of a child. Biting her bottom lip, Vixy wonders to herself what it would be like to touch a girl, feel her skin, rather than just a simple touch. A blush takes her cheeks and she pushes the thoughts aside, not wanting to be confused with her sexuality when she is already confused with where she stands with Kenneth.

Slowly, she sits up, "Tala, what are you doing?"

The naked girl looks over, having already been aware of Vixy being awake; she had heard the difference in her breathing, as she had been listening to it. Glancing out at the full moon, she holds out a hand for Vixy to join her at the window.

"Tala, what are you doing?" Vixy whispers again, avoiding waking her sister.

Her eyes remain on the moon, and she wipes a stray tear. "Missing," Tala whispers.

Slowly, Vixy rises from the bed. Squinting her eyes, she picks up her robe, covering her body and undergarments. "What?" She asks, coming to stand by Tala. Tala points to the forest and repeats herself. Starting to feel cold again, she huddles against Vixy's chest for warmth and comfort.

"Missing pack," she murmurs, her eyes watering again.

Awkwardly, Vixy pats the wild girl's back, comforting her. Leading her over to the closet, Vixy pulls out another robe. "Here," She says, "This will keep you warm, and you won't have to worry about clothes. It's kinda like a fur coat for you, I suppose."

Tala had always wondered why she didn't have a furry coat, and she only had long fur up on her head. The wild girl puts her arms through the fuzzy sleeves, and pulls the robe around herself. She looks up shyly at Vixy through her lashes and whispers, "Vixy not comfortable Tala be naked?"

"It's just a little weird," Vixy says. It isn't every day that a fully developed teen girl hugs you while she is completely naked. Though, the teenager has a feeling that it will become an everyday thing.

"Tala not like clothes. Tight."

Vixy sits down on her bed, "You are going to have to get use to it, though."

The wild girl makes a face, but nods, looking down. She goes to stand before the window again, her hand reaching out longingly to touch the glass. A small whimper leaves her throat at the thought of her pack, and the freedom of the forest.

Vixy lays back in her bed, watching Tala long to be outside. The teen faintly remembers when she was little and enjoyed being outside. Five years ago, she had started building a treehouse with her father, a surprise for Abigail. However, they hadn't gotten far when Vixy lost interest in building it. Closing her eyes, the teenage falls back to sleep, the treehouse on her mind.