Chapter three

P.O.V of Robin
I'd seen enough of the screen to know where Rancid was going, and so I swam towards the shore and found my bike where I left it. I jumped back on it and drove down at top speeds to the road that Rancid should be on around now.

And I was right.

I was coming face to face with the van, and I wasn't yielding. I increased the speed and drove directly towards the van and we both stopped right before we went into each other. Idiots, if they thought someone on a bike would run into them they must be rather stupid. I leapt off my bike and leapt up to the front window, breaking through it and knocking the drivers and passengers heads together. Then I went round to the back and threw open the doors, instantly dodging out the way as the guards began to fire at me.

"Did we get 'em?" One of them asked.

"Can't see how we didn't." The other replied and I swung down, instantly knocking them out.

"Where is the key?" I asked as I threw Rancid against the side of the van.

"How did you-" He started.

"The key Rancid." I growled, "Next time I ask I won't be so polite."

"It's- It's back at m-my base of operations." He stammered out, "Pier 83."

"Thank you." I said and hit his head against the back so hard it knocked him out, hopefully the Titan's would get down here and lock him up before he ran wild.

I hopped back on my bike and headed down to the docks, taking back roads so as to try and avoid running into the Titan's in case they came looking for me. I arrived without any trouble and the pier was unlocked as I went inside.

It was rather as I would expect to find a place of Rancid's. Full of toys: Motorbikes, mechanical, city-destroying pets and random mechanical parts and...there. The key. I went over and picked it up, it didn't look like anything important but if Slade wanted it, it must be. I placed it in my compartment, had a further nosey around Rancid's place and then hopped on my bike, hitting the detonation and driving away as his base of operations blew sky high.

P.O.V of Raven
I waited patiently by Star's side as Cyborg and Beast Boy went out to deal with the attack on Rancid's transport. We knew who it'd be, and that was why I didn't want to go. I'm not sure I could face Robin in another fight. He was the reason the Titan's came together and he and Cyborg were the only ones who respected my space, and the fact he would no longer be there, it was going to be hard.

But there was something else as well, when Starfire came in and asked who he was with, he sounded so resigned, so defeated. And hurting her, that was a hell of a reaction that he doesn't deserve. He can't hurt someone and then care for them, it wasn't right. I jumped as an explosion racked the day and ran over the window to see the pier go up in flames.

"Cy, BB, have you seen this?" I asked through the comms.

"Yeah, we're going over to investigate now." Cyborg replied, "Rancid was knocked out in the van, Robin must have got what he wanted and left him there. Able to escape whenever he got back up, we've called a backup vehicle down, that should be fine."

"He doesn't deserve that name anymore." Beast Boy cut in, "Robin was a hero, a good guy. Who he is now, that isn't a hero."