Chapter One - Kremlin

I grab my camera off of my neck. I take a knee on the cobblestone road and I snap a picture of the Kremlin. It's gorgeous. The architectural style with all of the buildings around here are fabulous. I take a few more shots and I stand up. I look at the pictures and I smile. I'm pretty good at this. I look at the door and I see a man flipping his jacket inside out. A flash of army green catches my eye when he flips it. It looks like a leather jacket. Something about the man makes my brain wrack from where I've seen him. Nothing. Oh well. I feel the ground shake and I fall. The man runs over a helps me up. "You okay miss?" He says. "Yes, thank you." I answer. "GET DOWN!" He yells. He grabs me and he sprints, holding the back of my leather jacket. I hear explosions erupt from behind me, where the Kremlin sits. The man grabs me and hugs me. He shields me from the blast. Everything gets darker...then it all goes black.

~

I wake up, I hear screams and moans and yells throughout the room. The last thing I remember is explosions, and the familiar man. I try to lift my hand up, but it's held to the bed somehow. I glance down and I see the silvery glint of handcuffs around my wrist. Damn. This is bad. The Russians must think I'm a terrorist or something. I turn my head and look to my left and I see the man, shirtless and barefoot in the same situation that I'm in. A scruffy looking man walks up, holding what looks to be a leather jacket. He started speaking Russian to the man. I can understand bits a pieces of what he was saying. "Team Leader." The scruffy one says. He shows the olive green interior, once exterior, of the disguised jacket. The Russian walks over to me. "Don't touch her!" He says through gritted teeth. "And you, your DNA was found in the jacket." The Russian says. He pulls out a pack of cigarettes, he takes his lighter and tries to light the cancer stick, but a nurse comes over and scolds him in Russian. "This is a clinic, not a bar." She says with a scowl, plucking the cigarette out of the man's mouth. The scruffy man walks over to another man and they speak. Two nurses come to my bed, and the familiar man's bed and they wheel us into another, more private room. The nurse grabs a file off of the familiar man's bed, but the papers fall on the floor. I hear the clinging to metal on metal and the rustle of fabric on fabric. I see the man's face above me and he smiles and unlocks my handcuffs. "Who are you? You seem so familiar." I say. "Oh I happen to know you very well." He says. "How so?" I ask. The man unlocks my left handcuff and looks into my eyes. "You're my daughter, Leah. I'm your father, Ethan. Ethan Hunt."

NOTE: Yes, this chapter was super short, but I wanted to have Ethan tell Leah and leave the chapter as that, and I also wanted to have the escape by itself. Is that cool with you guys? Also, how did you like it? Leave comments! -FairlyNewPotterhead