Author's Note

Here we are again, at the end of things.

Thank you all so much for coming this far with me, through my epic whinging about disastrous class projects, my ravings on beautiful culinary experiences (hellooooo fried mac & cheeseballs), and my admission of some serious medical issues.

I think, at this point everyone is at least vaguely aware that some (pardon my French) shit has been going down in my life. I haven't said a lot of it because I didn't want to use the time I had to dwell on the bad, but maybe I have some time now to just say that 2018 has been a year where foundations around me—work, family, health—have shifted and crumpled and having this, posting weekly, getting to see vote or, even better, comment notifications on my phone, has been the silver string through all the patching back together. My author's notes are often flippant, but I'm never flippant about just how cool it is so many people have read this, and how much it means that you've all read /so much/ of this. (Do NOT tally up the chapter count for all of our sakes, please, lol.)

On that note, prepare yourself for even more reading, because here's a sneak peek at the final installment:

The dark mirrors are shattering.

You know me, this is coming out sooner than it probably should because I can't help myself and I may have a problem. Expect the unexpected, some very long chapters, and a whole lot of mood. It's all wrapping up here, even if it kills me, and I don't know what's on the other side of it, but I look forward to getting there alongside all of you.

Some personal thank yous:

Arzoelyn - You are the best. I'm not sure what else there is to say but that. Thanks for being my sounding board, constant reader, and personal cheerleader all in one. Anyone who hasn't checked out The Crossing yet (not sure how, I'm pretty sure we're a package deal at this point) should go right now and binge it so we can all discuss how Tezaro is a low-key sass machine tea-spiller beneath all his burly, macho-man posturing. https://www.wattpad.com/story/76998549-the-crossing-complete-book-one

ssmith314 - My other package deal + constant reader. I'm really not sure that I really need to plug your Lost Queen series at this point, but just in case: https://www.wattpad.com/story/70014118-the-lost-queen-book-1-complete    Also, I want Virelai on the throne. Just a request.

Luv2Read86, squiij, RemaOlly, - I think you all comment nearly every chapter and it is so much fun to read your reactions. Thanks so much for tagging along!

yelllowishh - You're not quite here yet, but thanks, "mom" :)

And always Steven_Card - The man, the myth, the legend. Always and forever Pickle Juice Man.