Chapter Two

-----(^.^)----- Chapter Two -----(^.^)-----

School mornings were okay for me. Unlike most people, I wake up on time and don't feel an ounce of tiredness. Not one bit. I'm so used to waking up early so it doesn't bother me. I changed into my usual clothes. An oversized Tshirt and baggy pants. I don't bother in dressing up anymore. I have no friends to dress like or anything and no one to impress so it's so pointless. I brushed through my hair quickly before putting it up into a ponytail and walking down the stairs. I had about half an hour to make breakfast for Evelyn and Hayden. I made whole wheat bread toast for Evelyn with a side of cut up strawberries and bananas and for Hayden, 2 links of sausages and 2 pancakes with strawberries and bananas. I quickly ate a granola bar as I watched my brother and sister come down the stairs. Evelyn is dressed in a red Vneck and a purple plaid shorts.

"Is this whole wheat?" Evelyn asked. I nodded. She hesitantly took a bite and then finished up the fruit.

"Hurry Hayden," I said. It was my job to take him to school in the morning.

"In a second," Hayden said. He ran upstairs, grabbed his bag, and came back down.

"Evelyn, remember to lock the door. Mom won't be home until later today," I said. She rolled her eyes and nodded. I drove Hayden to one of his friends' house so they could take the bus together and drove to school. As any other day would start, I would get out of my car and avoid a few snickers and stares. Then, I would hang my head down low and try to make my way into the building without bumping into someone. Fail! I bumped someone and felt someone's arm go around my waist.

"Sorry," a deep voice said. I looked up and saw Cris.

"Oh hey," I said. He smiled and released me.

"Hey," he said.

"I'm heading to class," I said, starting to walk away. He grabbed my arm to hold me back.

"I'll see you later?" he asked,

"Yeah," I said, and walked off to my locker. I quickly grabbed all the books I needed and stalked off to class. Like always, I'm the first one to class with a little more than 5 minutes to spare. I pull out last night's homework and check my answers quickly before going up to the teacher, Mrs. Brown.

"Do you need any help?" I asked her like I would any day. She smiled at me.

"Thanks Becca, but not today," she said. I nodded and went back to my seat, waiting for people to file in and take their seats. After the final bell rang, everyone was in their seats and talking. I felt like the only one that was talking.

"I heard she got pregnant with Aiden," I heard someone whisper. It was no mystery that they were talking about Julia. There were constantly rumors that Aiden got Julia pregnant. It's never been true. I turn to look at the girls who were gossiping. As soon as they saw me turn to look their way, they looked away and stopped talking. I sighed and looked out the window.

"Hey Becca." I turn around and see Cris. I smiled at him, surprised he was in my class.

"I didn't see you come in," I said. He chuckled.

"I'd be surprised if you did. You were staring outside the whole time," he said. I smiled.

"You're in this class?" I asked.

"It appears so," he said, brushing a strand of hair away from his eyes. His eyes were very pretty. It stuck out and fit perfectly with his flawless face. He was beautiful. I blushed at the thought and turned away quickly. The bell rang and I sprinted out of there. Like always. I headed back to my locker and put my books away and headed off to my next class. Gym. Gym was my least favorite. Aiden, Julia, and her new slutty friends were all in my class. I changed and stretched as a warmup.

"Did you see the new guy?" He's so cute!" a girl from Julia's group squealed. I think her name was Beverly.

"Yeah I know, he's so gorgeous," Julia agreed. I turned to look at her. She glared at me and then whispered something into her friend's ear. They suddenly burst laughing and I had to turn away to keep myself from crying. Why has so much changed within this short period of time? I didn't like it at all. My life is totally upside down.

"Hey Rebecca." I turned around and saw Julia and her buddies sneering at me. I sighed and stepped back.

"Just stop," I said. She laughed.

"With what? You were always such a baby, Becca. No wonder you don't have friends right now," she said.

"I'd rather be friendless than friends with you," I said. She shook her head.

"Don't lie," she said.

"I'm over our friendship, just leave me alone," I said, beginning to walk away. She gripped my arm and yanked me back.

"I wasn't done," she said. I tried to pull out of her grasp. It was hurting me. I was winching in pain.

"Let her go," a voice demanded. At first, I thought it was a teacher but I was wrong. It wa Cris. Julia immediately dropped my arm and blushed, batting her eyelashes like crazy.

"You okay?" Cris asked. I nodded.

"Yeah thanks," I mumbled. He nodded.

"Anytime," he said. He stretched beside me as I saw the girls and Julia glaring at me. I think he just worsen my case with them.

-----(^.^)----- Vote. Comment. Fan. -----(^.^)----