Esidisi {Closure}

You threw open the lobby doors in a fit of rage, trying desperately not to lash out at anyone. Tears dribbled down your cheeks. That scum-sucking, low life, inbred bastard! How could he just ditch you for some other woman? What your boyfriend, now ex, had said to you rang in your ears.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). You're just... too emotional and hot headed."

Emotional and hot headed... While it was true, that wasn't a good enough reason to CHEAT on you. He could have just told you normally, but no, he had to go balls-deep into some whore to tell you that you weren't enough.

The chilly night air blew into your face, making your tears stick. You clenched your knuckles to suppress your anger. Your teeth grind against each other, pulling your face into a scowl. The people that were minding their own business went out of their way to avoid you, which you were thankful for. You didn't want anyone to bear the brunt of your hatred.

You stomped down the street, not knowing where to go. Perhaps the park? No one in their right mind would go into a dark, public area so late at night. Right now you just needed to be alone.

~

You planted yourself on a wooden park bench covered in snow, not even bothering to wipe it off. You ducked your head down to avoid snowflakes falling in your eyes. Sniffling, you wrap your arms around yourself. Yes, you acknowledged that you were 'emotional and hot headed', but that probably wasn't the only reason he broke up with you. You quietly dwell on all of your faults and imperfections, causing more tears to leak from your eyes. You were completely oblivious to the approaching mass.

"Why do you weep, human?" A warm, deep voice asks. You jump in your seat. Your pity party attitude turns into one of apprehensiveness.

"What's it to you?" You hiss, turning to the direction of the voice. You look at the figure with bleary eyes.

You hadn't expected to see a handsome, well-built man leaning over the bench. Soft, cerulean eyes stare back at you with what looked to be concern. He had a lovely, rich skin tone, although it was difficult to see. An odd, 'X' shaped tattoo decorated his face. Soft, cottony hair puffed out from a strange hat on his head. You attempted to keep up your strong demeanor up, but a deep chuckle from the man made you falter.

"And why are you so apprehensive? I'm just curious as to why you are sitting on a park bench in the dead of night," he said, resting his head on his arms.

"Wouldn't you like to know, weather boy?" You mumble, turning your gaze back to your lap. The man gives you another chuckle.

"Weather boy, I haven't heard that one before," he laughs, "got any more?"

"Why do you even care? Just leave me alone," you reply.

"Well, I normally don't bother with humans, but you seemed... different?" He says. You feel him move closer to you. "Now, why were you weeping?"

This man was strange and persistent, but against your better judgment, you let your emotions flow out.

"About an hour ago, I walked in on my shit-brained ex-boyfriend fucking some floozy. And I swear to god, this bitch literally stops fucking this woman and breaks up with me. Like, what the actual FUCK! He was just going in on her and then he stops, probably pulls out of her and goes, "You're too emotional and hot headed." what the actual goat fucking lord!" You rant, throwing your arms up in exasperation. The man lets out a soft laugh.

"Humans certainly have changed," he murmurs. "I once had a significant other that acted the same way."
"Really?" You sniffle. He nods, stepping over the bench and sitting down next to you. You try to ignore the fact that he's wearing very odd clothing.

"It was about, say, 72,000 years ago. Her name was Kaye, I believe. I come home from a very successful hunt, excited to share my winnings with her, and I don't hear anything. So, I call into our abode for her, and I still don't get an answer. So I go further into our home, and like you, I walk in on them. Keep in mind, our race has no need for reproduction of any kind," he says, waving his hands around to paint you a picture.

"What did you do?" You ask, leaning in close to him. You were honestly gripped by this story.

"Well, I cried for a while. Then, I dragged both of them out of bed and into the street. In our culture, if you betray your significant other, that is one of the highest forms of dishonor. Then, I shamed them in public. It was very easy, actually," he said with a smirk.

You stare at him for a moment. It was nice to have someone to commiserate with. You pull the man into a tight embrace. He seems stiff for a moment before melting into your embrace. He was awfully warm. You didn't know why you hugged him, it just felt right. His strong arms wrapped around you made you feel safe and secure. He rested his chin on top of your head. You feel his entire form vibrate as he chuckles.

"What's so funny?" You ask.

"Ah, nothing. It's just that I've never received such affections from a human before," He says, lightly squeezing you.

"What's your name anyway?" You question. Another chuckle.

"Why, nobody has asked for my name in a long time. You may address me as Esidisi," he purrs.

And then you get eaten, the end. Jk jk. School's starting next week and I'm not ready hahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahhahakillme. Hopefully you guys are holding up alright.

~Ghost