2b (Jason's POV).

Start from the beginning

"I want her." I said to the guys as I nodded in the direction of her retreating figure.

"I don't know man; she doesn't look like the hoe type, you might not wanna fuck with her." Kevin warned. He was well aware of my track record with women and he was right; she didn't look like the type that I could just fuck and kick to the curb.

Darian shrugged his shoulders, "I'm about to be all over that blonde one." He stroked his beard as he followed them.

Kevin's phone beeped. "Shit." he muttered, "Look, go enjoy your night man. I gotta take this call."

I nodded, he would tell me about whatever that was when he wanted to, and I wasn't about to pry when we were in an unfamiliar environment. Luckily, the party was in an upscale part of town and we didn't have the same worries that we used to; nonetheless there was no need to discuss private matters while in public.

When I found her, she was dancing with reckless abandon and my body gravitated to hers in an instant, I wasn't usually the type to dance so I held onto her waist and let her dance on me. The song ended and she turned around and looked me up and down. She was eyeing me like a piece of meat and I did the same, she was beautiful; I laughed internally because it was a first for me to refer to a woman outside of my family that way, though it was the only way that I could describe her.

"You gonna tell me your name?" I looked into her eyes as I spoke, I couldn't stop staring at her.

Quickly, I fished my phone out of my pocket and asked my employee Ronnie to bring me an unopened bottle of Hennessy because it seemed to be her drink of choice from what I observed in the kitchen.

She placed a finger on her lip like she was thinking about it. "I would if you asked but you didn't." The temptress teased as she bit her finger.

"What's your name gorgeous?" I asked her as I grabbed her hand and took her over to a couch on the far side of the room. Ronnie was sitting there, tryna get his mac on with a girl; I assumed that my text had gone unread. He looked at me and practically dragged the girl away, I shook my head at the way he behaved; I gave a lot of jobs to at risk young men and their respect for me always seemed to be coupled with a tinge of fear.

"Kira, what's yours mister big and scary?" Kira asked as I pulled her to sit next to me, I chuckled and smiled at her as Ronnie rushed over with the bottle and disappeared just as quickly. Over time I had come to understand that they weren't necessarily afraid of me, but they were afraid of letting me down or going back to the streets. I caught myself hoping that the woman next to me didn't get the wrong idea from the way that my he was acting.

I told her my name and we got to talking, a few minutes later she got a text and looked down at her phone with a smile, I silently hoped that she didn't have a man at home waiting for her.

She looked over to where her friend from the kitchen was standing in a corner with Darian. Whatever that text said, next thing I knew she was giving me a lap dance right there on the couch.

My dick was at full attention by the end of it, she was about to move off of me, but I kept her on my lap so that the whole room wouldn't see the tent in my pants. Usually at that point I would have been dragging her upstairs to have sex, but I surprised myself by asking her about herself instead. Kira just had an angelic presence and it didn't feel appropriate to treat her like a hoe, I got her number with the intention to call her and ask her on a date when she wasn't drunk.

I was shamelessly staring at her as we spoke, I caught myself telling her exactly what was on my mind which was something I never did. We continued to talk as I listened to her every word, it was like we weren't in a crowded room; everyone else disappeared as the conversation went on. My phone vibrated and I reluctantly checked it.

Kev - We gotta go, they arrested Jaheim.

I scowled and got up; Kira immediately wrapped her legs around me. I was in a rush, but I couldn't help myself as I grabbed her neck and pulled her into a kiss. It was getting heated, so I pulled away before I threw all of the sweet shit out the window and fucked her. I let her down and went towards the exit where D and Kev were waiting.

"I swear your brother is a fuckin idiot D." I sighed as we piled into the car.

We all sold drugs back in the day, but D's brother was the only one who stayed in that life. There was always a clear divide when Jaheim did something wrong or reckless, he was Darian's biological brother and I reminded them both of that whenever we had to save him; he was younger than us, so we never hesitated to drop everything when he got into trouble. It was a regular occurrence; Jaheim would do some shit, get caught and then one or all of us would make it go away.

"I know, I'm done with him for real if he doesn't get his life together." D said as we made our way to the precinct.

"Look, I ain't tryna sound like an asshole but we can't keep bailing him out y'all. We worked hard to get out and we can't be known affiliates of him anymore." Kevin said what we were all thinking.

"This is the last time; he can fuck up on his own dime after this." D sighed and sunk into his seat. Darian owned a couple art galleries around New York, and he did a lot of original artwork for people; I believed that he was getting tired of wasting his hard-earned money on paying off cops for his brother as were the rest of us.

Kevin, Darian and I supported our family off our businesses and it always felt like there were better uses for our money than bail. The truth was that we would always be there for Jaheim at the end of the day, no matter how much he fucked up or how much money we spent keeping him out of prison. Family was everything to us which meant that we could never leave Jaheim to fend for himself no matter how disappointed we were by his choices.

Am I my brother's keeper? Yes I am.