"Listen to me, go inside now." Harrington orders. "Please."

Eliza folds her arms across her chest and gives him a deathly glare.

"With pleasure, anything to get away from you." Eliza spits, "You, you...oaf."

She whirls around and storms through the crowd.

"Eliza!" Benjamin calls to his niece as she passes him.

"Eliza!"

"ELIZA!"

Eliza throws open the door and marches inside, she pulls her cloak off and walks to the dining room.

"Eliza?" Benjamin follows her inside and walks after her.

"What!!!" Eliza spins around yells at her uncle.

"What is the matter?" He says confused.

"My fiance is the matter!" She says angrily.

"Why what's happened?" Benjamin asks concerned at her erratic behaviour.

"I can't...I just....." Eliza feels tears spring into her eyes, she rushes into his arms seeking comfort.

"What's wrong my dear?" Benjamin strokes her hair, he has never seen her cry before.

"I have been engaged for less than a day and I am already miserable," Eliza whispers into his jacket.

"Oh Eliza, it's going to be alright." Benjamin promises, "You are the strongest person I know."

"I don't think I can do this." She confesses quietly.

"I know what will make you feel better, why don't you come hunting?" Benjamin says suddenly

"Hunting?" Eliza draws back and looks into his kind face.

"You father wrote to me once, in a letter and told me he taught you and that you have a talent."

"Oh, I would like that." Eliza sniffs and smiles weakly.

"Go and get changed then," Benjamin says with a smile. Eliza smiles brightly and hurries up the stairs but she pauses half way up and looks back.

"Thank you, Uncle."

Benjamin smiles and nods back.

Harrington watches Eliza storm away from him with a heavy heart. He walks back to the group, James shakes his head at him in disappointment.

"You put her in line." Henry offers his hand in respect.

Harrington ignores him and takes the reins from James and walks away.

"Gentleman, shall we mount?" Benjamin calls from the top step as he swings up onto his horse.

The talk falls quiet and all the men hoist themselves onto steeds. The dogs bark and pull, excited to begin the hunt.

"Thank you." Harrington cracks his neck as he turns upon hearing Eliza's light voice. She is wearing a light cream riding habit, her hair is a tied up in a neat bun and she accepts Captain's reins and climbs up. She looks like a refined duchess in that habit except that her face is stormy.

"Ah, everyone." Benjamin calls over the chatter, "My niece is going to be hunting with us today and I have to warn you she is an excellent shot."

Eliza smiles weakly as all eyes turn to her. James smiles brightly at her which spurs her confidence up.

"Let us start at the north today as the man I sent out this morning reported back positively." Benjamin continues, "Shall we?" He spurs his horse forward into a spirited trot.

The men nudge their horses forward, Eliza pushes Captain past Harrington to line up with James. Harrington watches their backs and glares silently. The group walks through the estate and into Ryddan Forest, the trees become denser the further in. They ride together for a some time until a footman reports back of movement ahead.

Benjamin holds up his hand to signal a halt. He waves a hand to show load up, the men on the ground hand uploaded rifles to the people on horses. Eliza narrows her eyes down her gun, through the trees a deer paws the ground.

BOOM

Henry shoots directly at the deer head, the deer springs away in terror at the sound.

"Release the dogs!" The pointers and retrievers shoot forward and chase after the deer, the men canter forward after them, Harrington and James gallop away with the rest of them. Eliza stays still and moves her rifle to the west and steadies her hand, waiting. Her finger rests on the trigger and looks down the barrel. Captain shifts on the spot impatient to follow.

"Sush boy," Eliza strokes his neck comfortingly, "Just wait a little longer."

The sound of hooves and barking carries through the trees, she holds her breath. The deer breaks through the roughage having looped and runs past. Eliza pulls the trigger, it hits the deer in the neck. She dismounts and rushes to the deer side but it's already dead, she strokes the fur. The men arrive a few moments later.

"What did I tell you, gentleman?" Benjamin shouts and begins clapping, the men follow the applause reluctantly except James who claps the loudest. The men on the ground pick up the deer and hoist it onto their shoulders. Eliza returns to Captain and mounts. The party continue through the forest, keeping a lookout for any life.

"I thought all women love animals and hate harming them," William comments as he rides up to Eliza. She looks at him coolly before replying,

"I have compassion for animals, that deer died quickly and relatively painlessly."

"I see your point." He says. "So do you and Harrington?" He smiles at her cheekily.

Eliza scoffs, "I don't see how that is any of your business, excuse me." She clicks Captain on and comes to a walk by Harrington's side. They ride in silence for a while.

"You are a very good shot," Harrington says suddenly. Eliza doesn't acknowledge his comment but looks directly forward.

"About before..." He begins hesitantly.

"James told me everything." Eliza cuts through, "You don't need to explain."

"Ah, I see, well for what it is worth I am sorry."

"Ok," Eliza says, emotionless.

"Eliza..."

"It is fine." Eliza glares at his confused face.

"I am going to go back to the house, not actually feeling that well ." Eliza kicks Captain into a gallop. Harrington stares after her, James rides up with a sorrowful expression.

"You really messed that up." He comments watching her figure disappear from sight.

"I know." Harrington sighs regretfully, "I know."