Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

  If the Autobots revived Cybertron, they'd all go there. That was their home. They'd have no reason to stay on Earth anymore because the Decepticons would go back to Cybertron too. That meant no more car racing with Bumblebee, no more lob ball games with Bulkhead, no more training sessions with Arcee, no more lab time with Ratchet, and-

  No more time at all with Optimus. No picking me up after school, no long drives, no stories of Cleona, nothing. It hurt to think about. I didn't want to lose the Prime, not after he became so important to me. He was the father I never had, he couldn't just go!

  But he had too. This entire time, he was fighting for his homeworld. They were all fighting for their homeworld. Us- Miko, Jack, Raf, and me- we were just allies they met along the way.

  "Uh, Optimus, keys open doors," Smokescreen said as he approached the Prime, who had moved to work on decoding the Iacon coordinates faster than ever before. "Can they really revive an entire planet?"

  "While I am unfamiliar with the lore of these Omega Keys," he replied. "Alpha Trion knew many secrets, and the ancients possessed technology that has long been lost to what we consider modern science."

  They turned to me then, looking for an answer. I snapped out of my shock, not allowing my racing emotions onto my face and into my words.

  "Yeah," I said, knowing the answer because of Cleona, but not knowing it until the words came out of my mouth. "They were designed by Cleona and the original Primes just in case. Primus had foreseen his downfall and commissioned the construction of the keys. They'll work."

  "Whatever their function," Optimus said, gratefully taking the attention off me. "This much is certain; we cannot restore Cybertron without all four Omega Keys in our possession."

  "Which means we can't afford to lose a single one to Megatron," Arcee stated.

  "Four sets of coordinates from Alpha Trion remain encrypted," The Prime continued. "It is logical to conclude that each corresponds to the location of one of the Omega Keys. I must not waver until I decode them all. The future of our home world depends on it."

  Meaning there's no time whatsoever to spend together on what could be your last days on Earth.

  Still, the excitement rose again. I was glad that the Autobots were happy and they really deserved to go back to their homeworld, but I couldn't help the sad, bitter feeling that rose within me. Shoving those emotions aside, I headed up the stairs of the platform, sitting on the couch in the living area with nothing to do. I wanted to go home, but didn't want to miss anything. More than anything, I wanted to sleep off these jumbled feelings, but didn't want to leave. These may have been the last few days I had with the Autobots, I sure as hell wasn't going to duck out. So I pulled out a granola bar from my bag, and lay down on the couch once I washed the bar down. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

  "The devastation to our home world is worse than I remember," A Decepticon- Dreadwing- said as he and Megatron flew over the rubble that was Cybertron. "Curse the Autobots to the pit!"

  Megatron didn't reply, only flying until he saw what he wanted and dove down. The pair landed in front of a building and Megatron forced the doors open with a screech.

  "A tomb?" Dreadwing asked when his eyes landed on a casket in the middle of the building.

  Megatron nodded, a wicked gleam in his eyes. "One known to contain the remains of Primes. Please, tell me you're not averse to desecration."

  "It is just-" Dreadwing looked for the right words. "Being in such a place evokes powerful emotions, considered the fate of my twin."

  Skyquake or something like that.