Chapter 27. Aftershock

Chapter 27

Aftershock

I open the door to our houses and walk into the living room. I'm so sore from my combat training with Clarissa that just jump on the couch and groan. I haven't found a single part of me that is not feeling the aftereffects of today's training. My arms feel like lead, my legs feel like jello, and my mind feels like mush. This must be what it feels like to be on the receiving end of a fist.

Just then Lee walks in with Megan and Ben, they are all laughing and have probably just came from the training field. I just imagine how lucky they are, they have all the easy courses.

"Hey guy." says Lee.

"Hola!" says Megan.

"Yo." says Ben.

I try to respond but my face is in a pillow so my response is muffled. I lift my head and say, "Ugh." and then drop my face back in the pillow.

"Well then, someone is in a great mood today!" says Megan being her cheery self.

I lift my head again, "Yeah, just tired and sore."

"Ah, rough training day?" asks Lee.

"You don't know the half of it." I respond.

"Oh well come on wake up! Be happy! Wake up or we're gonna have to make you wake up!" says

Megan with a giggle.

"I don't wanna move." I say.

"If you say so! Guys a little help?" she says.

"With pleasure." the say in unison.

"No, guys. Ah!"

Ben grabs my legs and Megan and Lee grab my shoulders and pull me off the couch. They get me

off but then they "accidentally" drop me on the floor. I land with a small cry. The I grab Megan and Lee's ankles and pull them down, and kick Ben's legs out from under him. Which turned out to be a bad idea. Lee fell and landed on my arm, Megan fell across chest, and Ben crushed my legs. They all start laughing and I just grunt in pain.

"Not my best idea!" I say.

"Agreed," says Lee, "and that is really saying something."

Megan turns so she can see me, then lays her head on me. "I don't know I kind of like it," she says with a grin, "dog pile on Jonah, ha-ha!"

"Oh fun. Now everyone off me please!" I say. They all hop up, then I hold up my arms and Lee and Ben each grab one. Simultaneously the each yang and send me flying until I land on my feet. "Gee thanks guys."

"Anytime bro, I'm hungry lets eat something." says Lee and heads for the kitchen.

"You're always hungry." the rest of us say in unison. I follow him to the fridge and grab a Mtn. Dew and a piece of cold pizza from the dinner last week.

"You guys want anything?" I ask, and they both decline. "Suit yourselves, where's Anne?" I continue eating my pizza and plug in my iPod, hitting play on a good playlist and going to sit on a couch.

"She was in the War Room talking to Claire about something, she'll be here soon enough." says Ben.

"I see, so hows your guys' day been?" I ask.

"We had one on one sword trials and I kicked Lee's butt." said Megan smirking at him.

Lee frowns, "You did not kick my butt! You just barely beat me." he says.

"She whooped you bro." says Ben.

"Whatever." he says and plops on the couch.

I grin and say, "Wish I could have seen that!"

"You should have, it was hilarious" Says Megan then hesitates, "well not for him." We all start to

laugh, even Lee.

I look around at everyone, they are all happy and smiling. These three people can always brighten

my day, "I love you guys!" I say and they all grin again.

We hear a door close and a few seconds later Anne walks in and waves. "Hey everybody!"

"Hey girl." says Lee.

"Hola!" says Megan.

"Yo." says Ben.

"Ugh." I say and fall backwards back onto the couch.

Ben walks up to her and kisses her cheek, "How was your day?"

Anne gives him a hug and says, "Pretty good, seeing Lee get his butt whooped was the cherry on top." she says and we all laugh again. "Oh and Jonah?"

"Hm?"

"Claire wants you in the conference room ASAP."

I groan, "Why?"

"I don't know, she just said go."

"Alright fine, but if I don't come back... Lee cannot take over my room!"