finish the story

the vampire diaries 2x09 katerina

Rowan sat on the ground her mind wandering as Elena pushed another plastic cup over to Katherine needing to know the rest of the story. As the vampire took it Elena asked her, "What does the Petrova blood line have to do with Klaus? What more do you know about Rowan? No way you lived as long as you have and didn't find out something."

Picking it up bringing it to her mouth she answered, "It's really tedious but," slowly but surely she started to look healthier, "The curse was bind by the sacrifice of Petrova blood. Witches are crafty with their spells. The doppelgänger was created as a way to be able to undo the spell. Once the doppelgänger reappeared it can be broken."

Pushing Rowan asked, "That's not all she asked you, what more do you know?

Smirking she replied, "Aren't you both clever, all I could ever get was that Klaus feared her and wanted her for is own use. I don't know why, believe me if I could I would've used her. Instead I ended up in my own mess."

Figuring out what she meant Rowan said, "So you ran before he could do anything."

"Something like that," Katherine mumbled. The brunette went on to explain how she ran, straight to the same woman who had kidnapped them.

"Rose never ended up taking you back to Klaus, did she," Rowan asked after hearing yet another part of the story.

Katherine with a tilt of her head replied, "No but not because she had a change of heart." Adding on to her own story she said how she tricked Rose into giving Katherine her blood and once she had the chance she killed herself..

"You killed yourself," Elena asked in shock hearing the story.

Katherine gave a slight nod, "Klaus needed a human doppelganger. As a vampire, I was no longer any use to him."

"But it didn't work," countered Rowan, "You didn't really escape, you've been running from Klaus ever since."

With a sigh of regret the vampire said, "I under estimated his peered for vengeance but living out of a suitcase is better than dying so you can have your blood spilled over some silly little rock."

Both girls tensed up hearing the story knowing that was going to happen to Elena.

Seeing their reaction Katherine turned her head more towards them, "What's wrong? Afraid, right? You don't want to die? There's another way out, more for Elena though, maybe for you too Rowan."

Katherine used her nail cutting her wrist making it bleed, "Better hurry. Your opportunity is going, going, going and gone," she taunted as her wrist healed, "We made the other choice." Katherine explained how when Rose tried to kill her she used an elderly woman to complete her transition.

"Rose and Trevor spent the last 500 years running because you used them. Trevor just got killed," Elena said her tone showing horror from the girls actions.

Frowning a bit looking away slightly she replied, "I never thought he would last for that long."

Rowan disgusted by her snapped, "You don't even care that you ruined their lives!"

"I was looking out for myself, Elena. I will always look out for myself. If you're smart, you'll do the same," Katherine said before she turned into the tomb looking at the book the girls had given her.
____

The two girls were now standing up were pacing back and forth nervous. Stopping at the tunnel doorway Rowan shouted inside, "So how much of your little story is true?"

"I have no reason to lie, Rowan," Katherine's voice dragged flipping through the books pages, "I have no reason to do anything but sit here and read and rot."