When everything feels like the movies

Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive

And I don't want the world to see me

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

When everything's meant to be broken

I just want you to know who I am

And I don't want the world to see me

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

When everything's meant to be broken

I just want you to know who I am

And I don't want the world to see me

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

When everything's meant to be broken

I just want you to know who I am

I just want you to know who I am"

Neither Sophie nor I have said a thing as he surprisingly and beautifully sang the song Iris by Goo Goo Dolls. It wasn't awkward like it might have been with anyone else. It was the most gorgeous and the purest thing I have ever seen Marcel do. He made it seem so simple. There was so much emotion poured out with every single lyrics. He made me hope he was singing this song for me, but I don't have the pretension to do so. I content myself by being utterly smitten and at the edge of tears when he stops singing and looks back up at us.

Sophie looks at me as if it was the biggest blindside she had ever witnessed. I am irresistibly charmed over the wonderful and so talented man I have in front of me. I can't begin to imagine the thoughts going through Sophie's head right now. I am too preoccupied with the loud beating of my own heart.

God, I love him.

I feel it deep within my soul, deep within my being. He surprises me constantly. I want to give him the world and everything he deserves. I would. He ignites a fire so strong inside of me, I have never known I could feel like that. Will it always be that way when I am with him? Will that fade over time? Should I tell him?

"OK, this is getting weird. Can you both stop looking at me like that?" Marcel becomes himself again and it makes me smile as Sophie reacts by rolling her eyes.

"You are making this weird. How am I supposed to hate you now that I have heard you sing like an angel?"

"I am far from being an angel." He responds and it gets me the fattest smirk on my lips, which he notices and mirrors.

"OK now, turn down the naughtiness you two!" Sophie catches us and rolls her eyes again as she gets up from her couch. "I need to go to sleep because A) you two clearly need to be alone and B) I am way too uncomfortable with the level of arousal I feel for my boss right now. Don't worry, it's just the effect musicians have on me. And the wine! It's all because of the wine!"

I genuinely start laughing and notice the surprised grin on Mace's face. I have never seen him so... emotionally conflicted, but it's cute and hilarious to witness.

"Thank you, I guess..." He responds and finally starts to laugh.

"You're welcome, I guess..." She responds on the same tone he did and I feel so happy the evening has turned out the way it did. I couldn't have wished for anything better. On that note, she waves at us and steps backwards to her room. "I was pleasantly surprised by tonight. We should do it again sometime."