the kissing booth

Start from the beginning

"You're not so bad, Tong." Lee said as he stepped off the machine. He held out his hand for Lucy which she gladly took.

"Please, I matched your score that last round. I think I'm pretty good, Flynn." Lucy said with a smile. When her foot touched the ground, however, she tipped over. Thankfully, Lee caught her and held her like he was dipping her in a dance.

Lucy studied his face for a few seconds as he studied hers. Every bone in her body screamed for her to grab his beautiful face and kiss him right then and there. A part of her would always hate herself for not doing that whatsoever. No, instead, Lucy said the five words that would change her life.

"I'll do the kissing booth." Lucy muttered, love-stricken.

Lee's eyes turned wide with excitement. "Really?!" He exclaimed. A nauseous and overwhelmed Lucy nodded. "Oh my god, you're our savior! You're my savior!" Lee cried.

Now what happened next played over and over again in Lucy's head for days, months, years. Lee pulled her upright and pulled her close to him. He grabbed her face and kissed her on the cheek. Sure, it was platonic but it meant to world to Lucy. She could hardly breathe when he kissed her cheek so she ended up falling over again. Thankfully, Lee caught her again.

"You've got to stop falling for me." Is what Lucy heard Lee say. However, what he actually said was, "You've got to stop falling down." What Lucy had heard she would always keep to herself since she knew it was a warped memory...not that she minded.

"Woah, what's going on here?" Elle said. She was wearing a sequined dress and heels. Definitely date attire.

"Lucy said she'd do the kissing booth -- wait, why aren't you at your date?" Lee asked, finally pulling Lucy up.

"Tuppen stood me up. I ran over to see if you guys were here." Elle muttered. Lucy quickly walked over to Elle's side in comfort.

"Tuppen's an ass. I'm sorry Elle." Lucy said sympathetically, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"It doesn't matter, I should've seen it coming." Elle mumbled in shame.

"Stop it, alright? Tuppen isn't worth it. You're way too good for him. Plus, I heard he has like, three nipples. Just saying." Lee added. Elle laughed as she rested her head on Lucy's shoulder.

"Thanks you guys." Elle said with a smile. A smile that Lucy hadn't seen in a while and was hoping she would see it more often.

"Are you kidding me? We'd do it any time." Lucy said sweetly.

"Plus, I live for this shit." Lee said, breaking the moment.

Suddenly, Tuppen walked into the arcade. He was dressed up and looking around nervously. Lee and Lucy stalked up to him and puffed out their chests in defense.

"What the hell are you doing here, Tuppen?" Lucy shot at him. Tuppen had fear in his eyes which Lucy got her incredible power from.

"Alrighty. Hit the road. You had your shot. Keep on moving, bud." Lee began to push him out the door. Elle stood behind the wall of her two friends.

"I need to talk to Elle." Tuppen begged.

"No way, you-" Lucy assisted Lee in pushing Tuppen out the door but Elle stopped them.

"No, guys, it's okay." Elle intervened. Lee and Lucy walked away to the other end of the arcade after Lee shot Tuppen an "I'm-Watching-You" look.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Lee asked anxiously.

"I don't know. Hopefully he's apologizing for being a dick." Lucy said, eyeing him aggressively.

"Go! Whatever! Leave!" Elle screamed as Tuppen left the arcade. "But just so you know, my boobs are fantastic! Yes, some would even say breathtaking!" Elle screamed. Her eyes grew wide in embarrassment as she saw every patron of the arcade staring at her in horror. When she looked at Lee and Lucy, however, they just threw her two sheepish thumbs ups.

Lucy, Lee, and Elle went to their designated cars and got ready to drive home. "I don't think I ever really thanked you for what you're doing for us." Lee said softly to Lucy as Elle got into his car.

"What do you mean?" Lucy's hands got sweaty as she fiddled with her keys.

"The kissing booth. You're really helping out the club."

Lucy smiled and, out of nowhere, took one of her delicate hands and gently placed it on Lee's face. For some reason, all logic flew out the window and Lucy leaned in and placed the sweetest kiss on Lee's cheek. Lee's eyes shut and all he could feel was warmth and happiness. He shivered and never wanted the moment to end.

Lucy leaned in close to his ear. "For you? Anything." She whispered. Lee bit back a squeak. He had never felt that way around anyone before. Lucy slipped into her car and waved while Lee just stood there, rings of blush on his face.

Lucy started her car and drove away. As Lee's car was out of sight, Lucy regained her senses. The color completely drained from her face and she parked her car in a remote area. She replayed every single moment in her head, feeling sicker by the second. She kept cursing herself by every thought and ended up just slamming her head on the wheel and screaming. What Lucy didn't know, however, was that Lee was telling Elle about everything that had just happened and accidentally admitted that he thinks he's falling for Lucy.