the kissing booth

"You want me to do a kissing booth? Sorry guys, but there's no way I'm gonna do that." Lucy said. Her breaths were hot and heavy from practice.

"Lucy, please. If we get you to do it then who knows who else is gonna join!" Lee exclaimed through the phone.

"From the tone of your voice it sounds like you know who else is gonna join." Lucy said knowingly. A part of Lucy wanted to do the kissing booth because she hoped Lee would kiss her. But, even though she barely knew him, she knew that he would never pass up and opportunity to get kissed by tons of girls.

"We want you to join so you can make Noah and the OMG girls join," Elle explained, snapping Lucy out of her fantasy. "We figured that you would be the best candidate to get A-Lister's to join."

Lucy sighed and thought over her options. She could be subjected to humiliation by participating in the kissing booth but Lee could kiss her. Or she could not participate in the kissing booth, let down her new friends, possibly ruin their booth, but maybe get to kiss Lee.

"Lucy? Are you still there?" Lee asked, once again snapping Lucy out of her thoughts.

"Yeah. Let me think about it," Lucy said. She could hear the disappointed sighs on the other end. "But I am leaning towards doing it." Lucy added. As soon as Elle and Lee heard that they began to jump around with excitement. Lucy could sense their excitement through the phone and laughed.

"Meet us at the arcade at the pier in 15 minutes!" Elle shouted before hanging up the phone.

Lucy sighed and tried to reassure herself that she was doing the right thing. She shut her eyes and tried to imagine what it would be like. The fact was, Lucy had never kissed anyone before. She imagined what it would be like to kiss Lee. His lips that looked so soft and kind. Just the thought of kissing him gave her goosebumps.

Her phone beeped and knocked her out of her thoughts. She opened her eyes to check who it is from. All it showed was a number so she opened the text. 'Hey! It's Lee. Elle forgot about date she has tonight so she can't come to the arcade. Idk if you still want to go but it'll just be us.' As Lucy read the message she felt her heart stop.

'I just finished volleyball practice so I'm kinda gross rn. Do I have time to go home and shower? ' Lucy typed back.

'How long will it take you to go home, shower, get dressed, and meet me at the arcade? '

'Probably an hour? '

'Then forget it. Meet me here in 15? '

'Yup I'll be there.' Lucy felt herself scream internally. She was spending time with Lee Flynn.

Alone.

She quickly packed her things and ran out the gym doors. It was getting dark so she needed to be as quick as possible. She hopped into her car and drove to the arcade. When she walked in she saw a bunch of kids running around and laughing. Their laughter made her smile and laugh too.

"Lucy? Hey, Lucy!" Lee called from the dance dance revolution game. Lucy walked over and smiled. "Hop on. Elle and I have played this game since we were little. Without it, the dance club wouldn't exist."

"Wow," Lucy remarked. "It must mean a lot to you then."

"It does." Lee said with a smirk. His little smirk made Lucy feel like she got struck by lightning.

Lee inserted quarters into the machine and chose a song. "Have you played this before?" He asked, acting like it was the most important question he's ever asked.

"A couple of times when I was younger." Lucy responded quickly.

The game began to show the steps on the screen. At first, Lucy was shaky but eventually got the hang of it and ended up getting a score a few points lower than Lee. They played a few more times and Lucy actually ended up matching Lee's score on their last round.